When selling your Razr, which would YOU do?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade date is in January. I haven't decided whether to upgrade yet or not (I'm grandfathered in and I'm weighing my options).

Anywho, with a two year old Razr, obviously it needs a new battery. I have two choices - buy the "replacement " non-OEM battery that's readily available (one variant of which has 1900 instead of 1750) or pop for the OEM battery. The non-OEM battery is $17 and the OEM is $52. The non-OEM is smaller in dimension but seems to work fine (as long as you get a good one) according to most reviews.

The question is - would you spring for the OEM and simply ask more for it (supplying the old battery as well as "proof" that the battery is brand new) or would you go for the cheaper battery (disclosing this fact in your listing)? Would having the non-OEM battery keep you from buying the phone? Would having the OEM battery make you WANT to get the phone?

And finally, what would the preference be - rooted or stock? Take into account that I might be selling on eBay (or I might offer it here). Feel free to give an opinion both ways if it seems right.

TIA

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade date is in January. I haven't decided whether to upgrade yet or not (I'm grandfathered in and I'm weighing my options).

Anywho, with a two year old Razr, obviously it needs a new battery. I have two choices - buy the "replacement " non-OEM battery that's readily available (one variant of which has 1900 instead of 1750) or pop for the OEM battery. The non-OEM battery is $17 and the OEM is $52. The non-OEM is smaller in dimension but seems to work fine (as long as you get a good one) according to most reviews.

The question is - would you spring for the OEM and simply ask more for it (supplying the old battery as well as "proof" that the battery is brand new) or would you go for the cheaper battery (disclosing this fact in your listing)? Would having the non-OEM battery keep you from buying the phone? Would having the OEM battery make you WANT to get the phone?

And finally, what would the preference be - rooted or stock? Take into account that I might be selling on eBay (or I might offer it here). Feel free to give an opinion both ways if it seems right.

TIA

This is kinda like selling a car. You put 4 new tires on it and drop say $600, you may not get all $600 back. It can justify you raising your price a little. I personally would spring for the Factory battery, keep the receipts, shipping invoices, original packaging, etc, and ask for say $40 more.

I would also keep it stock. No rooting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc