1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I keep getting Pop Ups, no clue how to get rid of them.

It's been about three days since it started. I searched all over these forums and googled a lot and I could not find an answer, so next best thing is to post and ask you users!

So it all started when I downloaded Flappy bird or whatever it is called to see what the hype was about. After discovering it being an awful game I deleted it and now pop ups com up at least 1 every 30 mins. Not in my notification but on my actual screen. "Win 1 millions dollar!" "Download" "Top apps of the day" a bunch of useless crap. I can't seem to find the source of the pop ups. I download app pusher, and avg, but nothing found it. It started when I downloaded flappy bird so I think all my apps before that were all pop up free. Thanks!

Default Re: I keep getting Pop Ups, no clue how to get rid of them.

Welcome to Android Central! Considering how insanely popular Flappy Birds is, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of knockoffs or adware/malware-infested counterfeit copies out there. Did you install directly from the Google Play Store, from .GEARS Studios?

If you installed from somewhere else, or if you installed an app claiming to be Flappy Birds that wasn't from .GEARS Studios, then you probably installed some adware as well. Go to Settings>Apps>Downloaded, and go through each one, seeing if any of them seem unusual or suspicious.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Considering how insanely popular Flappy Birds is, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of knockoffs or adware/malware-infested counterfeit copies out there. Did you install directly from the Google Play Store, from .GEARS Studios?

If you installed from somewhere else, or if you installed an app claiming to be Flappy Birds that wasn't from .GEARS Studios, then you probably installed some adware as well. Go to Settings>Apps>Downloaded, and go through each one, seeing if any of them seem unusual or suspicious.
    I deleted it when it started so it is not in my downloads. The pops do continue though

Right, but where did you install your version of Flappy Birds from? My point was that if you installed it from somewhere else besides Google Play, or if you somehow installed a counterfeit version, it may have also installed some other adware app. So if you subsequently uninstalled Flappy Birds, that other adware app might still be present somewhere.
    Thanked by:

Yup, best bet would be to restore a backup, if you are rooted and have a backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

try "Addons Detector" or "Air Push Detector"