I keep getting Pop Ups, no clue how to get rid of them.
It's been about three days since it started. I searched all over these forums and googled a lot and I could not find an answer, so next best thing is to post and ask you users!
So it all started when I downloaded Flappy bird or whatever it is called to see what the hype was about. After discovering it being an awful game I deleted it and now pop ups com up at least 1 every 30 mins. Not in my notification but on my actual screen. "Win 1 millions dollar!" "Download" "Top apps of the day" a bunch of useless crap. I can't seem to find the source of the pop ups. I download app pusher, and avg, but nothing found it. It started when I downloaded flappy bird so I think all my apps before that were all pop up free. Thanks!
- 02-07-2014, 05:38 PM #2
- 02-07-2014, 06:11 PM #4
Re: I keep getting Pop Ups, no clue how to get rid of them.
Right, but where did you install your version of Flappy Birds from? My point was that if you installed it from somewhere else besides Google Play, or if you somehow installed a counterfeit version, it may have also installed some other adware app. So if you subsequently uninstalled Flappy Birds, that other adware app might still be present somewhere.
- 02-07-2014, 06:41 PM #5
- 02-10-2014, 09:55 AM #6
- By thebignewt in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 02-10-2014, 12:14 PM
- By NiksNut in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2014, 07:17 AM
- By Thomas Bair in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 02-07-2014, 06:06 PM
- By ronnypoo in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2014, 05:57 PM
- By MadameKat in forum T-Mobile HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 02-07-2014, 05:09 PM