Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google - "Account Action Required" Help!!!!

My daughter and I got the Droid Mini for Christmas '13, and recently it has started giving us an alert from Google Accounts that "Account Action Required". When I click on alert it takes me to the sign in page. I put in my password, and it starts attempting to sign-in. After a couple of seconds, the screen just starts flashing back and forth between pages.

What is going on? What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance!!

Default Re: Google - "Account Action Required" Help!!!!

Sounds like there's an issue with your login/password combination. Can you login on a PC? If not, click on 'forgot password" and Google will send you a link to reset it.

On my Galaxy S5 I uninstalled all updates to "google play services" and re installed them. I typed in my password for a 2nd time and it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mfleming2012 View Post
    My daughter and I got the Droid Mini for Christmas '13, and recently it has started giving us an alert from Google Accounts that "Account Action Required". When I click on alert it takes me to the sign in page. I put in my password, and it starts attempting to sign-in. After a couple of seconds, the screen just starts flashing back and forth between pages.

What is going on? What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance!!

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

This is a problem on your phone that you can manage without any big problems. Go to [ Settings ] [ Accounts ] [ Google ] , click on the email name. Then go to the upper right hand corner and click on the 3 dots. You will be given the option to click on [ Remove account ]. Do that, and your are done. This is info based on a Samsung Galaxy 5S. It could be somewhat different for your phone. Good luck and God bless.