What size ear phones do I need

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I cant seem to find a pair of earphones for my new X. I have tried the iPhone ones and bought a set at VZ and neither one seem to work. Each time that I plug a pair into the X, I get a message to insert earphones into phone before using the FM radio program. What size earphones is needed, and why didn't Motorola provide them with the phone like all other expensive smartphones to.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
The ones that usually come with the phones suck for sound quality and has poor bass. I picked up the Verizon accessory kit that included the headset/extreme-bass headphones, car charger and silicone case. I must say, I'm very impressed with the silicone case and the headphones. They're clear, have nice bass and seem durable. They also work well with the FM app and I had no interference. You said you tried some Verizon ones and had no luck - that seems weird as they should have worked with no issues.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
OK nevermind, I really had to push hard on the plug to get it into the phone. I thought that I was going to break it. But it works fine. Now here is a stupid question that I have, does using the FM Radio use any airtime minutes or is is just like a stand alone FM Radio?

Last edited:

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I just tried two, a Sony noise cancelling set of earbuds (bad reception - the active noise cancelling circuitry probably kills it) and a Plantronics headset with a mic - both work just fine and have standard 1/8"/3.5mm jacks.

Do you have a case on your phone? The case may not allow the plug to fully seat. Can you hear other things through the headphones?

If you take it to a Verizon store they can help troubleshoot whether the earphones are the right size (I'm assuming they're not loose, as a 2.5mm jack would be) or if your X may have a defective jack.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
OK nevermind, I really had to push hard on the plug to get it into the phone. I thought that I was going to break it. But it works fine. Now here is a stupid question that I have, does using the FM Radio use any airtime minutes or is is just like a stand alone FM Radio?

It's a standard FM radio using the headphone wires as an antenna.