Multimedia Station

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Multimedia station from Verizon, but it doesnt show that it is actually charging the phone? The phone knows that it is plugged into it, but just doesnt other wise charge. Are these not meant to charge the phone?

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a software bug. I was reading of similar problems in the Phandroid forums. Their car docks aren't charging the phone.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Multimedia station from Verizon, but it doesnt show that it is actually charging the phone? The phone knows that it is plugged into it, but just doesnt other wise charge. Are these not meant to charge the phone?

The accessories file called it a Charging Cradle, and they shipped a charger with it, so I think it's safe to assume it's intended to charge the DX. Interesting that they now call it a Multimedia Station, and the box doesn't mention the word charge anywhere that I could find.

Even the manual shipped with the station doesn't say, or show a thing about charging in the main text. It would be the ultimate screwup not to actually provide charging with this unit, and I'll be amazed and shocked if it doesn't.

Have you had yours operating long enough to see if it's actuallly charging, or not, while mounted on the cradle?

zachflauaus

Jul 8, 2010
twitter.com
I have charging bug as well. It usually just requires me to pull the phone out and put it back in the dock. Hopefully this will be fixed with the update.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you had yours operating long enough to see if it's actuallly charging, or not, while mounted on the cradle?

It has been in for about 90mins maybne 2 hours. Interesting that it doesnt show charging, but it isnt discharging either. It has been 60% since I plugged it in when I first got it.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
EDIT*****

I hate the people at my work. They unplugged the back of the dock, and taped the cable to the back. So it looked like it was plugged into the wall and the dock, but it wasnt....

Dont be surprised if you see on the news that someone at a verizon store got in trouble for losing a shoe in someone's ***. :mad: Unreal.

They thought it was sooooooooo funny watching me check the plugs, and post on here.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Haha. I thought it might be because it needs a really snug fit. I really have to press the dx down into the dock be fire it will start charging.