Droid X Dock

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have the Droid X dock from Verizon and what're your thoughts on it? Are there future plans to release one by other companies??

I really want a dock so I can use it as a proper charger, alarm, and clock, like I had with my old BB.

deeemaa

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I love the dock! As i use it to watch movies on it with rockplayer (in market free) avi movies! It'd also great because u can text on it while its in the dock easily! I prefer looking at my homescreen vs dock screen. Very nice for Nesoid and a wiimote.

P.s i got the dock 25% off retail thru companies discount which made buying it that much enjoying rofl! :p

Last edited:

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
I absolutely love the dock. At first I wasn't sure it was worth the money but I'm so glad I bought it. I haven't used it yet on the TV with HDMI so I can't speak for that but I hope to use it soon. I keep the dock in my kitchen on the counter. I can use Pandora while I'm doing things around the house and I like having the phone in a central spot. The only problem I'm having is with Bluetooth. Last night I answered a phone on Bluetooth just fine but when I took the phone off the dock while on a call, it dropped the bluetooth even though it still showed connected (icon was blue, not white) and I couldn't get my headset to take the call. I was bathing my kids so I had to switch to speakerphone. That being said, it's not the fault of the dock. I think my phone has some bluetooth issues.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I like the dock. Main reason i got it was to put it by my bed and use it as a alarm. The only problem with that is I have to manualoly put phone on silent and turn off notifications. On the storm 2, it had a bedside mode. I could set it to turn the radio off when plugged in and every night when i put it in the dock, it automatically went to bedside mode and when i took it off the dock in the morning the phone came out of sleep mode. I'm going to miss that feature.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The dock is extremely high quality and very functional. I love docking it at night, so it turns into a nice alarm clock. That said, I got it for a 25% discount. I don't think I would have shelled out $50 for it.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
if your going to use it as an alarm, why would you put it on silent?
I use my as an alarm and I don't do anything other than set the alarms.

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think it was a good purchase. We have it hooked up in our bedroom and we are taking it with us on our vacation next week to watch movies in our hotel room when we are there.

I haven't used it as the alarm clack, but plan to do that, too, on vacation. Well worth is, especially if you got the 25% off or was part of the bundle like I bought.

natrixgli

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I like mine, but I have noticed that it is a bit difficult to pull the device off sometimes. I don't think the connectors are perfectly aligned.

Also I think it would have been nice if it had a 3.5mm stereo out jack.

-n8

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
great purchase for me and i got the 25% discount as well. actually, i think whenever you buy any accessories at a verizon store they will give you at least 20% discuount w/o having a corporate discount, so it's really worth it. for me, i use at bedside and use for my daily alarm. when the alarm goes off it will slowly build until it gets louder and louder...and then you can swipe to the right to snooze....love it!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
if your going to use it as an alarm, why would you put it on silent?
I use my as an alarm and I don't do anything other than set the alarms.

So text messages, emails, and phone ringing don't wake me up all night.

There's a setting in alarms to set the alarm to ring even if phone is set to silent.

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
great purchase for me and i got the 25% discount as well. actually, i think whenever you buy any accessories at a verizon store they will give you at least 20% discuount w/o having a corporate discount, so it's really worth it. for me, i use at bedside and use for my daily alarm. when the alarm goes off it will slowly build until it gets louder and louder...and then you can swipe to the right to snooze....love it!

I bought all my accessories at my local verizon store...received the 20% discount. Really helped me out since I bought the Dock, screen protectors, HDMI cable and a case.

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
So text messages, emails, and phone ringing don't wake me up all night.

There's a setting in alarms to set the alarm to ring even if phone is set to silent.

I use a program called "droid settings profiler" which allows me to set up my profiles just like on my old blackberry. I really missed that feature until I got the app. It's a couple bucks I think, but well worth it for me so I can set up a night profile so that only the phone ringer will wake me, but no messaging or other alerts will wake me up. I have it with the default of 3 profiles for normal, vibrate, and night and that seems to work out great. You can even set up each profile to have wifi or bluetooth on or off for that particular profile. It's a handy app coming from a blackberry last year to a Droid. It works just as well on my new X.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have mine at work sitting on the desk. Very nice. I would like to get some movies loaded up on my phone so I can watch them. Once my store gets some more in stock I will be buying another one for at home. They are just so expensive.

I wonder though, and maybe someone here can help, Will it cause any long term battery problems if I leave it plugged into the Dock all day at work? For the most part it would be in the dock for full 8.5 hour shift.

I know that if you have a laptop computer and you have it plugged in all the time if you dont take the battery out it will ruin it, but i dont think that is an option here.

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I love the dock as well. As others have said, it is a bit difficult to put the phone on the dock and especially difficult to get it off the dock. It was interesting as yesterday I was listening to music via headphones when I received a call. I couldn't get the thing off the dock so I was hearing my call through the headphones and trying to speak into the microphone. While I'm glad the phone seats securely in the dock, I wish it was a little easier to remove. Overall, though, it's well worth the purchase. I got the 25% off deal as well, so it wasn't $50.00.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow thanks for the comments everyone. Sens like it's great quality and does what it needs to do. I'm definitely going to pick one up now. Hopefully I'm get a discount too.

Jubz

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Here's an alternative dock along with a right angle microUSB plug available:
ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

sigpic38522_2.gif

From ezestand:
"ezeSingle Bundle (1 ezeStand + 1 6ft R/A Micro USB Cable) Just $15.99
or
ezeDouble Bundle (2 ezeStands + 2 6ft R/A Micro USB Cables) Just $29.99
FREE SHIPPING in the US as always!"

Last edited: