ZAGG invisibleSHIELD Discussion

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
4814485382_6ca7c5c4b3_z.jpg

4813864353_98b3f9eca8_z.jpg

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had an IS on my Storm 1 (yea yea I know, ugh) since almost day one, which was launch date. I got the full body coverage skin. I must say, it's protected the phone very well, but within a couple of weeks I did notice that the edges near curved parts of the phone were coming up juuuuust a hair and dust would accumulate there. I got kinda used to it and it wasn't actually until about 3 weeks ago that I finally had enough and took the two pieces off that covered the curved sides of the Storm. The screen portion of it, however, has been a totally different story. Not even a hint at peeling up. It's been phenomenal. I have already pre-ordered one for the X but stuck with just the screen. Zagg's products are top notch in my book. ::thumbs up::

sorry haven't gotten notifications. In my second video I talk about how it peels at the corners..... I stick with screen only now.....

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
we should just have an accessory forum not sub forums :)...

I did that with apps - because an app is an app - but I spend half my time moving threads out of the device forums and into the apps forum. Accessories vary widely across different devices, so a dedicated accessories forum would get to messy.

Dolomite

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Storm 1, my first impression of the bare screen was that it was too sensitive and I would have some accidental button presses. After I installed the screen protector, I would have to press the screen a few times and sometimes fairly hard. I also have some issues dragging on the screen. It even caused me money in Robo Defense....dragging items to the wrong location.
I am considering removing it and risking going raw...or it needs to "break" in or I need to get used to it.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Storm 1, my first impression of the bare screen was that it was too sensitive and I would have some accidental button presses. After I installed the screen protector, I would have to press the screen a few times and sometimes fairly hard. I also have some issues dragging on the screen. It even caused me money in Robo Defense....dragging items to the wrong location.
I am considering removing it and risking going raw...or it needs to "break" in or I need to get used to it.

check out the spg crystal.. it's a great skin protecotor

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I never put anything on my Storm (and it held up well...the only time I had an issue involved a toddler and there wasn't anything a case or screen protector could have done about it). I'm still going without a case, but I'd picked up the VZ anti-glare screen protector on launch day, and I hated what it did to image quality so after reading this thread I decided to try my first Zagg invisishield screen protector, and I'm really impressed.

It took my two tries (I didn't use quite enough of the fluid the first time) and I love it. I know that it should look even better after a day or two but I really can't tell it's on now (of course the bar was set pretty low with the previous protector). Anyways, I wanted to say that even for first timers it's not that hard (and don't be afraid to try it again if it doesn't work perfectly the first time).

Thanks to those in the thread that gave me the confidence to try it!

Dtownbomber19

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Had the Zagg shield on my storm 1 and won't live without it on my DX. The protector was so strong on my BB storm 1 that I broke the glass underneath but the protector held it together so I could barely use my storm1 till upgrade. Caution though VZW rep told me that Zagg shield can void your warranty but still a must. Once you have it on take your keys and try to scratch it, you won't be able too!

Last edited:

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Got mine on this weekend and over all I'm very happy with it. It's the perfect compliment to the VZW Leather snap on case.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Lol, ya just take it off. I took my IS off to straighten it out earlier in the week, and all hell has broken loose. Hair, dust, lint, bubbles, you name it.

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Zagg invisible shield?

Hey guys i ordered a zagg invisible shield recently for my droid x. How is it? Any tips on applying it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Magic Rat#WN

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't want to wait for shipping. so i went to best buy tonight and picked up 2 zagg shields for our 2 X's
When i took the shield out of the package i lined it up to the droid x and it didn't seem to cover the screen all the way,
I want 100% of the "glass" surface to be covered, not just the parts that light up.

so to give you an idea of what I'm talking about lp
if i perfectly matched it up at the bottom, which the edge basically touches the hard buttons, then at the top, only about half of the word Motorola is covered.

Ithis is like 97% coverage. not 100%

do other Zagg users find this to be true? or did i just get a defective shield?

I'm not sure if i should return them to best buy or what.
but i want something that covers 100% of the glass

Probably just designed to cover the lit part of the screen. I bought the phantom skinz screen protectors and it does cover 100% of the glass including the motorola and verizon logos. am very pleased
with it so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2