What case is this?

945222790_9XMHG-L.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
What case is this?

945222790_9XMHG-L.jpg

It's the cheapie "Rocket Fish" house brand Best Buy sells. It's actually pretty decent - and very similar to a Seidio Innocase II if you've ever used one. They had them in Black, Burgundy and Dark Blue when I bought mine - $24.99.

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I picked up this case the day after I got my X. I was initially concerned about the clips and after a few weeks, the top clip does not lock anymore. I've removed the case maybe four times but now the top is pretty much always cracked open. It will have to hold me off for awhile till some more cases hit the market. Should have went for a cheap ebay case. $25 is a lot to spend on a case that doesn't survive two weeks.

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I took a look at the Rocketfish case at Best Buy. It is cool that you have black, red, and blue as color choices, but the build is kind of cheap. I'm not particularly surprised that the case locks are giving out.

As an alternative, I've used Body Glove cases on both of my BB's. I'm planning on using one on my X also. The case is on the thick side and can be a bit troublesome to get out of a pocket when sitting, but it has a great feel and REALLY protects a phone. They are selling them for $30 and with a long-time user discount (20-25% I think), it is reasonably price from VZW.

Scott

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I liked the RF case from BB. but it doesn't fit in the home dock and you have to modify the car dock.
And removing it nightly to put it in the home dock would not only be a real pain, it would probably break after a week.

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Took it back

I took it back today and exchanged it. They were out of blue so I went with black. Out of the box, the bottom does not lock at all. I guess I'm gonna live with it for now until I get a better case (Otterbox, Seidio or???).

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have put a Body Glove on mine now and really like it. The clips hold VERY well and the quality control appears to be as good as it was 3 years ago when I bought my first one. I've dropped it from ~4 feet with a BB inside a number of times without incident.

The cost at my local VZW store was $24 and change including tax (9.25%). A good bargain, IMO.

Scott

dragozoid

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna buy this case tomorrow.

I tried a black silicone case for two weeks and liked it but I felt it would stretch too much over time so I returned it.

I tried a Body Glove for a few days and just returned it as well. It felt cheap in the hand. A little bulky and had a weird feel to it.

This case is slim and doesn't take away the look of the phone. I'm not too worried about the locks because I won't remove the case once I put it on. Hopefully I like it.

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just and update for me. I wound up returning the case that I received as an exchange. I really liked the case but out of the box, the case did not fully snap on at the bottom. I felt that this was eventually going to put me in the same situation as the pre-exchange case, with the case coming apart as I pulled it out of my pocket.

I'm now using a Verizon case (shell/holster) for now until someone drops a better case (Seidio, Otterbox, incipio).

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just and update for me. I wound up returning the case that I received as an exchange. I really liked the case but out of the box, the case did not fully snap on at the bottom. I felt that this was eventually going to put me in the same situation as the pre-exchange case, with the case coming apart as I pulled it out of my pocket.

I'm now using a Verizon case (shell/holster) for now until someone drops a better case (Seidio, Otterbox, incipio).

I would have returned it as well. How do you like the Verizon case?

dragozoid

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So far, I'm liking the RF case better than the black silicone and BG. It's black and slim enough to compliment the phone's design. It feels better in the hand than the BG and looks a lot better. The feel isn't quite as good as the silicone's but it's still okay. I'm not too worried about the locks breaking since I won't remove the case from the phone. I think it might just be a keeper.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
the rocketfish case imo is the best case out so far. i'm waiting to see what the Seidio Active and Otterbox cases will look like, but the rocketfish is suprisingly well constructed, slim, and works great!

chites

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a RF yesterday at Best Buy and so far I am very impressed with it. I had the Carbon Fiber case from VZW but I felt like my phone was in a cinder block. Too large for my taste. The Rf case in my opinion is just a better "sleeker" case. I had an Innocase on my Incredible and I think the two are very comparable. Just my 2 cents!

wan2run

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

I had this issue too, but was able to bend the clips out a bit and now it snaps and holds fine. We'll see how it holds up...

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
the rocketfish case imo is the best case out so far. i'm waiting to see what the Seidio Active and Otterbox cases will look like, but the rocketfish is suprisingly well constructed, slim, and works great!

Check Amazon. They have the active series out. $40 I think

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Check Amazon. They have the active series out. $40 I think

It's the surface case, not the active case. Also, right now Amazon has simply made a preorder list... read the small print... "Not in stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available." Seidio should make the cases available in the next 3 to 13 days (depending on color).

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Love the RF case. It's sleek and smooth enough to slide in and out of my pocket without the pocket turning inside out while getting the phone.

But would love to see the Sedio Active case...

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Seidio, trust me, you won't be dissapointed. I've had their cases when i owned a BB for the past three years and I dropped it a ton, and after the third year, the active case for my curve finally fell apart. It fell a part because my wife was messing with it, not because of poor quality.

As soon as the cases are ready for pre-order on Seidio, I'm snagging a few of them and hopefully they make one for the extended battery as well. By the way, they make great batteries too!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay