Cases/Car Dock Compatiability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
With a phone this size I doubt I'll be slapping a case on it. I'd love to know if they took cases into account when they designed the car dock. If the dock won't accommodate a case I will probably holster it or use a silicone skin, which would come off easily when it comes time to drop the X in its dock when I hit the road.

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
With a phone this size I doubt I'll be slapping a case on it. I'd love to know if they took cases into account when they designed the car dock. If the dock won't accommodate a case I will probably holster it or use a silicone skin, which would come off easily when it comes time to drop the X in its dock when I hit the road.

I don't think that they have... That is really dumb on their part.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I took that in consideration and I was hoping this also and this is why I was looking at a form fitting case because they usually adds very little to the thickness but if it doesn't fit I will probably be looking at a holster with Invisible Shield as a backup option..

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Discuss cases here

Hey guys (and girls),

Does anyone know if there are any cases our there that will let the X work in the desktop dock without having to be removed? I hate putting skins on a phone and would like not to have to remove the phone from its case every time I use the dock.

THANKS

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys (and girls),

Does anyone know if there are any cases our there that will let the X work in the desktop dock without having to be removed? I hate putting skins on a phone and would like not to have to remove the phone from its case every time I use the dock.

THANKS

Innocase? Surface & Desktop Cradle Combo - Black

They did it for the Droid - I'd guess they'll do it for the X (or at least that's what I'm hoping for!) :)

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
BillK, the big issue for many is still going to be the official car dock and desktop dock. I highly doubt either will accommodate a case.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
BillK, the big issue for many is still going to be the official car dock and desktop dock. I highly doubt either will accommodate a case.

The Moto/VZW docks never fit with cases. Seidio has a great line of docks for the home and car that fit. I use one of their cradles for my Droid at night and I don't have to take my Innocase off of it. I plan on doing the same with the Droid X. I just hope they release a Slim Extended Battery for the X, unlike the Droid.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the official ones will accept one in a case but I know Seidio made both dock/car dock for the regular Droid while cased with the Innocase - I'm hoping they'll do the same for the X.

I'd love to be able to walk out of the VZW store with the cradle this Thursday but I'ma hold off to see how quickly Seidio pumps out their Droid X stuff.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
for any one you intersted, I just put up a quick video of the removable sleeve in the car dock so that you may use a case with your DX. It would be nice if Motorola gave a list of compatible cases. I have a feeling that it is made to be used with the Motorola 2 piece case/holster.

YouTube - Droid X Car Dock case adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs