Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone got a holster for this beast!

I've been using my BB with a holster now for 2-3 years now so it will be pretty hard to go back to just putting a smartphone in my pocket.

Anyone use a holster for the X?

Does it look "too big" having a phone this size on your hip?

Any comments are welcomed

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Tell me about it. I been putting it in my pockets too. I've owned the black leather horizontal cases from SPE for my last 4 phones. I'm hoping they make it for the X. But it'll probably feel weird on the waist line with such a big phone.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Default Re: Anyone got a holster for this beast!

I have the verizon leather holster. Its very nice and holds the phone good. The build quality is great. Cost is $25 but if u have a discount of 25% i paid about $20. It does look large but its a large phone. Check it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

People may mistake it for a gun. That's how big it is.
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I looked into getting the VZW leather holster

Does it have the magnet to put the phone to sleep?

Also I really want a leather holster with a full 360 degree swivel
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

I have the Verizon leather holster and I do like it. It seems to be very well put together and quality. However, my only complaint is that it DOES NOT have a sleep magnet. I have absolutely no idea why they would do that.

BTW, it does rotate 270 and it is large but not as bad as I had expected.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Agreed, I have had the verizon holster and love it too. Perhaps it is a software issue with the magnet? The phone does know when it is in the holster however nothing changes...
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Bought a Verizon case & holster combo online for $24 and it's a very sleek arrangement. Both are made from the soft-touch black plastic similar to Seidio's. The case has a side and back protective enclosure with open top and most of the bottom. Has great feel, but not added bulk. Cool design on the surface of the case. The holster is very sturdy but lightweight and when the DX is holstered, the overall is only 1/2 in thick plus a rotating clip that hugs the holster. Had to prowl around Verizon's website to find it, but it's there in "accessories" for the DX.

Had a similar version for my Tour and Storms. Haven't found anything better, including Seidio's, whose quality is superb but holsters and cases are comparatively bulky.
    Always learning ...