Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extra Battery Question

This may be a stupid question, but I'm a noob so please forgive me.

I'm not disappointed with the battery life of the Droid X. I'm a heavy user and probably have my social networking sites set to check too often...and yeah, I have to most of the time charge it during the day or early evening...I've come to terms with it all...

However, I am going on vacation in October and won't be able to charge my phone mid day and I don't want the battery to die AND still want to be able to tweet and facebook and upload pix and all that fun stuff. So i was planning on buying an extra battery.

Now for the stupid question. If I charge an extra battery and keep it with me and then swap as needed, will the extra battery lose any charge before I swap them if it's in my bag all day? :o
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by peargirl View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but I'm a noob so please forgive me.

I'm not disappointed with the battery life of the Droid X. I'm a heavy user and probably have my social networking sites set to check too often...and yeah, I have to most of the time charge it during the day or early evening...I've come to terms with it all...

However, I am going on vacation in October and won't be able to charge my phone mid day and I don't want the battery to die AND still want to be able to tweet and facebook and upload pix and all that fun stuff. So i was planning on buying an extra battery.

Now for the stupid question. If I charge an extra battery and keep it with me and then swap as needed, will the extra battery lose any charge before I swap them if it's in my bag all day? :o
    it might lose a bit of charge, but it shouldnt end up at like 50% or anything if that is what youre wondering. just take the same precautions as you would with the battery in the device, like dont leave it in very hot areas
    Thanked by:

No it won't loose any charge in that short amount of time, and I doubt it would loose more than a few % charge after several months.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the quick responses Glad to know!

Yea I had 3 batteries for my droid (I'm also a power user and use my phone to the fullest...no sense in having a super phone and having to feel limited in using it hahah) and I never had noticeable drain for my spares even after a few weeks.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

LOL a third wouldn't probably be a bad idea either.

A bigger problem might be...ARE there any battery chargers right now for Droid X batteries?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

hopefully seido gets a larger battery soon
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
    A bigger problem might be...ARE there any battery chargers right now for Droid X batteries?
    I'm still waiting for one. I don't trust the $10 ebay-direct-from-hong-kong chargers.

Until then, I'm using the phone to charge extra batteries when the timing is right.

Quote Originally Posted by buxleyp View Post
    I'm still waiting for one. I don't trust the $10 ebay-direct-from-hong-kong chargers.

Until then, I'm using the phone to charge extra batteries when the timing is right.
    I agree with you about not trusting the hong kong sellers however I have decided to risk my $13.99 ( for 2 batteries, charger and shipping ) so if nothing else I can share with others if the batteries are any good or not. I was given an expected delivery date of 14-21 days and ordered the batteries July 31st so I should see them in the next week. I will post the performance of the very inexpensive batteries and charger to help other members make an informed decision.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I really wanted to try and trust one of those vendors. But when it came down to it I dropped the 29.99(I get a discount) and got a OEM battery. Just didn't make sense to have a brand new and expensive phone and try and save a few cents with a cheap battery.

I received my 2 batteries from Hong Kong today in the mail, happy to say they fit perfect, came with a 70% charge and have already charged one and am using it while the other is charging in the desktop charger which was included. I have taken pictures and will do a detailed review later tonight. I'm pleased so far but still skeptical until these batteries prove themselves.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

I have used batteries from Hong Kong for several years and have had no issues. True the life span may not be as long, but they are cheap enough to buy more later on.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Good info on the hong kong batteries.

Would this doing Droid X? I know it doesn't say it, but perhaps it's hasn't been updated yet?

http://store.androidcentral.com/moto...1&utm_term=hot

Quote Originally Posted by t_hearchitect View Post
    I agree with you about not trusting the hong kong sellers however I have decided to risk my $13.99 ( for 2 batteries, charger and shipping ) so if nothing else I can share with others if the batteries are any good or not. I was given an expected delivery date of 14-21 days and ordered the batteries July 31st so I should see them in the next week. I will post the performance of the very inexpensive batteries and charger to help other members make an informed decision.
    I saw a droid x battery charger in best buy for $14 last night.