Extended Battery now available

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was dying for this two weeks ago, but now my battery life is good enough this would really just be for travel. Still, good to see, I'm sure I'll pick one up at some point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I am very interested as well. I may get it and post pics also. I think it will fit snug in the leather holster, and it shouldn't matter on the plastic snap in holster.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I am very interested as well. I may get it and post pics also. I think it will fit snug in the leather holster, and it shouldn't matter on the plastic snap in holster.

I don't know...the leather holster is already pretty tight. If it fits, that would be awesome!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought the original press release when the X shipped said the battery and new back would add 1mm to the back. That may kill hard cases, but I'd think many softer cases could accommodate it.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought the original press release when the X shipped said the battery and new back would add 1mm to the back. That may kill hard cases, but I'd think many softer cases could accommodate it.

If it does, indeed, kill hard cases, you'd expect VZW/Moto to release newer hard cases that DO fit with the extended battery, right? Or does that make too much sense :p

chrisb3

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Lol, apparently the stock battery cover fits fine! I'll be ordering mine...now!

Well, he does say it fits with a bit of force. Not having tried it myself (haven't ordered it yet), I'd be concerned about bending or ripping off the tabs on the standard cover.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, he does say it fits with a bit of force. Not having tried it myself (haven't ordered it yet), I'd be concerned about bending or ripping off the tabs on the standard cover.

I think my case will work with either cover after seeing that picture. We'll find out tomorrow ;)

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

What about putting pressure on the battery? Is that likely to impact its behavior, or is it solid-state "enough" that it's immaterial?

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
OK guys, just got my extended battery from Verizon. It is a tiny bit thicker than the one that came with the phone but not much. Second the packaging says its a 1930 mah. Third the stock cover fits on just fine, perfect for those of us who put an adhesive skin on it. Will try to figure out how to post pics and get some up.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just got mine, too! I haven't tried it with the stock cover on it because my hard, leather kickstand case from Verizon fits perfectlyyy with the extended cover on it! Very cool.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
To those that thinking of using the stock cover with the extended battery, I would advise you to think twice. The force (even though it may be slight) needed to push the stock cover onto the phone with the extended battery will transfer that force to the back of the phone and possibly damage the circuit board or even cause the screen to crack. One user stated that when they put the stock cover on with the extended battery that they noticed a "rainbow" effect on their screen. That's a sign of pressure being applied to the LCD screen on the phone. If you have an LCD flat screen on your PC, place your thumb on the screen and apply a little pressure on it, notice the "rainbow"?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech