Best silicone type case for X?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I dont see too much as far as options out there for a basci silicone type case for the X.

Anyone have any recomendations???

Thanks

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I like the black silicone case from Verizon. I have an Amzer silicone case, and it has a slightly sticky feel to it. I found it annoying, but it fit well, and was cheaper, only $10.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The only think I do not like about the Verizon case is the fact that they covered the buttons. Lighted buttons don't work well under a layer of black silicone.

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
The only think I do not like about the Verizon case is the fact that they covered the buttons. Lighted buttons don't work well under a layer of black silicone.

The only buttons that are covered on my Verizon silicone case, are the volume and camera buttons, which are not illuminated. The buttons below the screen, and the power button are not covered, and I did not modify it at all. It came like that.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The only buttons that are covered on my Verizon silicone case, are the volume and camera buttons, which are not illuminated. The buttons below the screen, and the power button are not covered, and I did not modify it at all. It came like that.

That's true....I have the glossy silicon case. The only complaint I have with it is that I would have preferred more of a cutout around the power button so it would be easier to toggle. But it slides nice and easy in and out of the pocket and it is reported to accommodate the extended battery well (which I just ordered today).

bigboss

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I got one off amazon for about 2 bucks just arrived today, fits great even with my extended battery, covers all sides. Only buttons exposed are the dedicated home, back, search, menu.

Its not amzer, I further the name of it but there's a ton on amazon for cheap. Same quality if not better than ones in vzw store

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
That's true....I have the glossy silicon case. The only complaint I have with it is that I would have preferred more of a cutout around the power button so it would be easier to toggle. But it slides nice and easy in and out of the pocket and it is reported to accommodate the extended battery well (which I just ordered today).

I didn't know there were two different silicone cases offered by Verizon. Interesting.
My extended battery comes in tomorrow, so I'm glad I do have a case that's made for it.:cool:

wheresrenaldo

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to find one too?

Does anyone know where I can find this:
DSCF0184.jpg

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Ask who originally posted that photo. I thought it might have been a Best Buy silicone cover, but maybe i'm not remembering right.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Funny...mine is also a Verizon silicone and my buttons are covered. All of the buttons are.

mot_droid_x_sil_cov_blk.png

Last edited:

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Looks like the glossy silicon covers are designed differently.....yours doesn't look the same as mine and it's a verizon case too.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
And mine is not glossy...it is a flat silicone, so it sticks to the inside of my pocket...LOL

Guess I picked the wrong one...LOL

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't throw it away....if you decide to go with the extended battery it might fit better than the glossy silicone, which bows out around the center.

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Funny...mine is also a Verizon silicone and my buttons are covered. All of the buttons are.

mot_droid_x_sil_cov_blk.png
You have a different case. Mine is also glossy, and covers less at the top. I may take a pic in a bit, but I really don't feel like messing with the camera, to be perfectly honest. You're just gonna have to take my word for it.;)

alled

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I dont see too much as far as options out there for a basci silicone type case for the X.

Anyone have any recomendations???

Thanks
I really want a high gloss one so that it doesnt stick in my pocket like the one I have now does.
Hi 0pusX,
I think this silicone Droid X case meets your need. It made of Soft Silicone, it doesn't stick the cloth, so i think you have no need to worry about to put it in your pocket. There are several colors available on that store, and it just cost $2.49, i think it is a cost effective product. Hope this helps!

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I've read a few reviews in the AC accessory store that mention overheating and reception problems caused by silicon cases on the Droid X. Have any of you run into that problem?

Last edited: