Best Buy Platinum case/holster (aka Seidio)

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I went back and saw the clip in the pictures. I just assumed it wasn't there cause the clip wasn't listed in the product description. Post pics when you can.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not really much to see since other than the logo it's identical to the Seidio Innocase - but here it is anyway:

984123771_vaiah-L.jpg

984123817_a9XWR-L.jpg

984123904_QaAx9-L.jpg

984123675_Hs6BS-L.jpg

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
There is a holster mentioned in the description. It says - "Holster with sleep function"

Is that a misprint?

Yea I think they just copy/pasted it from the BB combo description because my X definitely does NOT go to sleep when holstered in it.

AMDXP

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
There is a holster mentioned in the description. It says - "Holster with sleep function"

Is that a misprint?

When I get my phone I will test this out as i just picked this very item up at my local BBY. Because your supposed to face the phone in the proximity sensor should shut the screen off. The Holster Clip contours match the case contours with the case/phone facing in.

--Patrick
X Ordered 8/31--Expected Ship date 9/14--Hoping for sooner!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Does this case fit the extra tiny bit of the depth the extended battery adds?
I was able to get the Platinum Case on with the Extended Battery. Suggest you try yours at the store to make sure for yourself. Not sure I would call that extra depth an "extra tiny bit", though:D - that 1 mm looks quite a bit bigger to a snug case.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
When I get my phone I will test this out as i just picked this very item up at my local BBY. Because your supposed to face the phone in the proximity sensor should shut the screen off. The Holster Clip contours match the case contours with the case/phone facing in.

--Patrick
X Ordered 8/31--Expected Ship date 9/14--Hoping for sooner!

Facing the Screen in toward the holster doesn't have any affect on the display that I can see. It would probably do it if you put it in the holster during a phone call, but I can't imagine ever doing that on purpose.

The phone can be placed in the holster either way, but I would never face the screen outward in the holster. I know I would brush against something like a stucco wall, and destroy the screen.

For some great reviews and terrific pictures of these cases, check out: Droid X - iGear 360

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Will this still fit in the docking station with it on?

There is no way it will fit either the Moto Multimedia Station or the Auto Mount with the case on.

I was able to successfully modify my Auto Mount with the liner removed, by using a Dremel tool very carefully, but that adventure is not for the faint of heart. I am happy with the results, though.

I've decided to just forgo use of the Multimedia Station, except possibly on an occasional basis for the HDMI interface. It's just not worth it to me to be removing and reinstalling the case every day.