3500mAh Extended Battery for X

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get online during the Seidio online chat hours to ask them directly, so I'm going to throw it out here: Has anyone heard a date estimate for the 3500 mAh battery for the X? I see the 1750mAh is out, but I don't really think that the slight improvement is worth the $50 for the battery and I'd rather have the 3500.....actually, I really need the 3500 for the times that I just can't get to a charger.
I really hope it's coming soon.

wamphryi

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
No. I received this from Seidio CS on 8/27/10.
"Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on that product at this time because it is currently still being developed. But the battery life will actually consist of about an additional 8 hours if reconditioned properly."

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get online during the Seidio online chat hours to ask them directly, so I'm going to throw it out here: Has anyone heard a date estimate for the 3500 mAh battery for the X? I see the 1750mAh is out, but I don't really think that the slight improvement is worth the $50 for the battery and I'd rather have the 3500.....actually, I really need the 3500 for the times that I just can't get to a charger.
I really hope it's coming soon.

I'm in the same boat. Wonder when/if it'll be released. I agree that the 1750/1840 whatever the OEM extended battery is simply isn't worth spending so much money on so little an improvement. Now more than double the battery capacity? That's worth the money.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Wonder when/if it'll be released. I agree that the 1750/1840 whatever the OEM extended battery is simply isn't worth spending so much money on so little an improvement. Now more than double the battery capacity? That's worth the money.

To each his own, but the Extended Battery is actually listed as 1880/1930 mAh, I think. Anyway, it comes to a 25% increase in capacity over the standard battery, and my DX now goes over 20 hours from full charge to shutdown, instead of 16 hours that I got with the Std Battery. For me, it's worth it, as it give me more confidence I can get through a full days use without worrying about recharge. I always charge it overnight anyway.

On the other hand, as long as you are OK with the big hump and extra weight that will come with the 3500 mAh battery, you should be happy.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep nail on the head vic. It's a personal preference thing. 1930mah sounds a lot better too though. You must use your phone a lot more than I currently do. I am sort of OCD about keeping my battery percentage above 40%, so if it drops to orange I get antsy. My best track record on the stock battery is 51 hours (2d 3h 21m I believe) at 70% battery life. Then again, this is with display on for 1h 12m and minimum brightness the whole time, with data timeout at 15 minutes inactivity even during peak hours.

So yeah, personal usage/preference is the big factor here.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

i got in on the 29.00 dollar verizon extended battery and have no need to charge thought out the day. I have more then 30-40 percent run time and that is only a 1880 I think.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i got in on the 29.00 dollar verizon extended battery and have no need to charge thought out the day. I have more then 30-40 percent run time and that is only a 1880 I think.

The wife wants that one from Verizon, but I can't seem to find it online or in the local stores. I get company discount of 30%, so it's not too bad. If BAT30 works...even better!

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just checked Seidios site and they have downgraded the 3500mah to 2800mah.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The battery was dropped to 2800mAh and is still under development. Seems like they're having a hard time making it. I would say just get yourself the Verizon extended battery and enjoy using your current cases etc with it. That 2800mAh will certainly be massive and force you to go naked.