32 GB card

g0ri11a

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's about time for me to take the plunge and upgrade to a 32 GB card. I've heard some talk about there being different speeds. Some folks have said that the Sandisk card available from Verizon is not one of the best.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find a good price on a good 32gb card? I will primarily be using it for music, photo and video storage.

Thanks!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes its actually quite simple.

Class 2 = 2MB/sec minimum transfer
Class 4 = 4MB/sec...
Class 6 = 6Mb/sec... and so on.

However as much as I wish it were true, there is no such thing as a Class 6 32GB micro SDHC card. I don't even think there's a Class 4 yet. That Sandisk 32GB Class 2 is about the only one on the market you can put money down on and feel it was a good investment.

32GB micro SDHC cards are fairly new to the market. The tech that goes behind cramming that much storage into such a small physical medium is just not readily available yet. Give it a year or so and -hopefully- we start to see some Class 6 32GB's, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't make the light of day.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This subject was pretty much beat to death in

http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...ing-about-verizon-32gb-sd-card-100-bucks.html

Don't let the scary Subject headline scare you off on this one. There are a few actual data transfer comparisons toward the end that may help you.

I've been using the 32GB Class 2 card from VZW, and I'm perfectly happy with it. The actual real-world timing differences between the original Class 4 16GB card and the Class 2 32GB card in the DX is negligible, in my experience.

jcrawford777

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
SDHC 32GB Class 10

Kingston makes a class 10 SDHC 32GB card. They are available. I'm not sure if the X can support a SDHC or not but if your interested look on Kingston.com, they have others as well. $105

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Kingston makes a class 10 SDHC 32GB card. They are available. I'm not sure if the X can support a SDHC or not but if your interested look on Kingston.com, they have others as well. $105

It's not the right memory for the DX, and way too large to fit. You need a microSD card.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
OOps. My Bad, didn't look close enough. I knew that just having an ADD Moment.

Don't feel too badly. I actually ordered one back in July, when somebody reported a FIND on a cheap 32GB, but fortunately I discovered my error and was able to cancel the order in time. The general confusion over the memory categories permeates any discussion of this issue.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the Verizon 32gb card and no problems plus i didn't have to pay for it at the store just put it on my bill for later haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12