new seidio battery is rejected by my x

Rapta619

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
well i got my new seidio 1750 Mah battery today, to discover my droid x says NO big time to it. it's worst then trying to get a kid to try new food. i popped it in, charged it for 6 hours (got it at 70%, after it hit 100% i let it got for another 3 hours to full charge it). i turn my phone on, started to play with it and i lock it, put it in my pocket, pull it out a min later and it turned it self off, first time it EVER did that. so i tried it again, and it keeps doing it. but my stock battery and my other moto stock battery work just fine in it.

also when i charge it with the phone off, ill just get a battery with a question mark untill i wiggle it around a bit.

and ill beat you to the smart comment "dont lock your phone then".

so anybody got any ideas?

and im unrooted. but i am running luancher pro, but never had a problem with it at all (awsome app btw)

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
That's strange. I have some cheap eBay knockoff batteries from Hong Kong for my X and it seems like the phone can't tell the difference. The only difference I can tell is they don't last as long....but that's to be expected.

I guess I can't help you there...maybe you got a shi**y battery? If you need to wiggle the cord around for it to start charging, maybe there's another problem (bad connection port or cable)...though that wouldn't explain why your moto batteries work without any issues. Hmmm...

Rapta619

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
yea ive never had the problem of it shutting itself off till i got the seidio battery. but it just seems like my phone is rejecting it hardcore

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
For the price u paid u could have bought the extended battery from vzw its bigger and better.

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks vzw rep... Your about as useful as tits on a bull.

Now back to my question

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LOL. :D

Sorry about your problem. Have you tried contacting Seidio? If so, what did they advise? I'm waiting for the bigger battery from seidio to come out that is still under developement. From my past experience with them they're batteries have always been great. Good luck.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Just hung up the phone with Seidio and the guy said they have had a few calls about this, but not from everyone. My guess is they shipped out a lot of batteries last week (the new battery just started shipping), so this sounds reasonable. He said it's probably related either to a few batteries or a particular shipment. Anyway, he was nice and is sending me a new one out today.

I'll update this post as soon as it comes in.

Rapta619

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ill called them amd they said they never herd of this problem. I found out the problem. Don't squeeze the phone that's what kicks it off.im returnung my second seido battery.

Nimble

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Does your battery still work after updating to 2.2?

My 3rd party battery is refused by the phone now. It popped up an alert saying that it was not a Motorolla battery so it would not charge it and doesn't report the remaining power. (It shows it at 100% in options, and just a gray icon with a "?" in it in the top bar.)

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I just got my replacement from Seidio and it is working fine. It came charged to 80% and when I plugged it in, it behaved normally and charged to 100%. So far so good.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Complete the replacement form online. Seidio will ship you a replacement with prepaid postage to return the defective battery.

I have the Seidio Innocell 1750 mAH slim extended life battery in my Droid X and it is working fine. You just got a bad one. Seidio will replace it for you.

samuryan_x

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got my sedio slim extended batt, works fine for me, slightly better life than oem. No shut off yet, I got mine from amazon so I'm not sure if I got the same batch of batterys as the op and others