Need a 1-piece case that covers the back and sides only

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if there are any 1-piece cases that covers the back and each side of the X. I know Verizon has one that comes with a holster attachment, but I hate the texture of that one...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
That's about it for now. More cases are coming out as time goes by.

But I can vouch for the one you mention. You might not like the feel (I think it feels solid, not sticky or tacky). It's not only protective, but also very light and form-fitting, especially using the holster that goes with. Together, they are only about 1/2 inch thick. I especially like the holster because the clip is located close to the top and swivels. It works better than ANY other holster/case combo I've had ... and there have been many.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
thanks....guess i can put up with it..i contacted case-mate for the "barely there" line that they make and they said they not making any for the droid X which is stupid in my book....

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I am using a TPU one piece case from eBay. It was under $4 including shipping. It covers the back and sides well and it's stiffer than the glossy silicone case Verizon sells for $20.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I use the Amzer case - which I think is the same thing at the TPU you mention?? Anyway, you got a great deal on the price! I paid $9 each and got three different colors. Already had one (gray) that I like, but paid $15 for that one!!

I like these because they aren't sticky, cover all the vital parts and look pretty good. ALSO, they fit into the Verizon holster from that combo you mention. So, if you already have that, you are good to go...