Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will a bb storm charger hurt the droid x

Can I use the bb storm charger on the droid x or wl it hurt the phone. Does anyone know I it will cause problems to the x does anyone know I itsthe same voltage and amps.

It will be ok.
    a little obsessive...

I use an old BB charger at work, everything works fine.
    JSE

No problemo! Between my wife and I at home, work and travel we use the included Verizon chargers, a Samsung charger, a BB charger, I think an LG charger and some other off brand charger. We have two at home, one each at work and one each in our travel bags. No problems to date.

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

No problems at all. I have noticed that my BB chargers tend to charge a hair slower than the moto branded chargers, but that could be my imagination.
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Works fine for me. Actually, I think it packs more power than my OG Droid's charger.

sent from my ApeX
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    Superstar Status

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

They are pretty much the same voltage. So no it will not hurt your phone. In some cases if the voltage throughput on the charger is too high it will short out your phone. Not in this case though.

i havent had a problem the only problem i have is with the car charger i got for my bb it tends to stop charging the x after it hits 60 -70%

No problems. In fact I replaced my Motorola charger with my BB Tour charger. I might be nuts, but I really think I get more battery life with I charge with the BB charger.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've been using an old BB charger as my primary charger since I first switched to Android a couple months ago. Never had a problem with it.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

a microusb charger is a microusb charger.

I like the BB charger because of the longer cord. I don't know what Moto was smoking when they thought it was a good idea to ship the shortest possible cable with a device that deserves the longest.

[tapatalk - droidx]

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I use the same charger. Only thing different is the output. The BB puts 700mA, while the Moto does 850mA.

Quote Originally Posted by roberte1342 View Post
    I like the BB charger because of the longer cord. I don't know what Moto was smoking when they thought it was a good idea to ship the shortest possible cable with a device that deserves the longest.

[tapatalk - droidx]
    So true. I have to be right next to the power outlet if my phone is charging and I want to use it. My brothers cord for his galaxy S is over twice the lenght.
    Loving my Samsung GS2

Quote Originally Posted by roberte1342 View Post

[tapatalk - droidx]
    This.

I cannot stand having a short charging cord. It literally makes me wanna shoot someone.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

The desktop stand comes with an extra long cable so that's another option.