For Pro Clip Fans.....

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I am a HUGE fan of Proclip mounts and holders. Unfortunately they have yet to develop a holder for the Droid X, and they don't appear to have anything in similar size yet :(

So I bought the Droid X Car Kit and attached the Adhesive Disc to my Pro Clip mount, and used the suction cup to keep it in place. It has consistently vibrated with bumps and fallen off a few times due to the weight.

So I did a little research and found a pretty popular company called Arkon. I Emailed them asking if they would have a solution that would work to allow me to somehow securely mount the Verizon Car Dock and my existing ProClip Mount. They Emailed me a perfect solution.....

Go to this page: https://www.arkon.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/index.html

The AP032-VSM screws into the Pro-Clip Car mount and has 2 notches that fit the rear of the Verizon Car Dock perfectly.

Then for a little flexibility, I ordered the AP2T17MM Adapter Plate that extended it out a little and gave me the ball at the tip so I could adjust it, and the SP-SBH-KIT that gave me the tightening ring and the adapter that fit the rear of the Car Dock.

This all came out to $27.30 including Shipping. It's obviously not a very cheap solution, but for me it was well worth it, the setup dosen't vibrate and shake, and it works as a great charging/ navigation solution that is a little more out of the way then the suction arm setup.

Hope this solution helps :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante