Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Default Otterbox is here!

Im sure a lot of you got the email this morning, but you can order them now. I just ordered the defender.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Same here - ordered a Defender too. I'm a case'*****....

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rom

I love impact serries

The Commuter and Impact accomodate the Verizon extended battery too! No such luck for the Defender.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I was afraid of that. No big deal I can sell my ext batt

i really want the commutter, but i wonder if the light from the keys shines thru the plastic or if they would always be dark.

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

I don't know if I want a defender or a commuter ...ahhhh! I have a defender on my Storm (it has saved my storm SO many times) but I am not sure if I want to add that much bulk to the DX which is pretty big (length wise) to begin with.
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I have loved the Otterbox, ever since I bought my first one for my old Blackberry Storm. But, unfortunately they took too long to get theirs out. I already purchased a Seidio case for my Droid X. I've been happy with the case so far. Plus, it does accommodate the extended battery.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra302 View Post
    i really want the commutter, but i wonder if the light from the keys shines thru the plastic or if they would always be dark.

Oh, good question. I hope it does, but am going to be getting a commuter anyway. I am very glad it will work with the extended battery so I can get one now. I was waiting to see if it would before I ordered one.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

-----------------------------------------
    Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

My question is if the Commuter will fit in a Seidio Innocase, Active or Rugged holster....

well i went ahead and got the commutter, now the wait! lol

we have been waiting soooo long for these. ordered the commutter! cant wait. the commutter was a great case on my BB. didnt want the defender, a bit too beefy for me, and the impact looks cool, but the commutter is somewhere in the middle of these two which is what i wanted. i checked my order, and it looks like they are paying for shipping. I didnt notice a credit on the order when it was originally placed today...anyone else notice this?

Wish I coulda waited, but had to get a case and Otterbox took too long. If my Seidio doesn't work out I'll for sure be going w/ an Otterbox. For now though, Seidio it is
    UtahConcealer

Crackberry 8330 ---> Droid X ---> Droid X2 ---> Blk 16gb iPhone 4
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

Use tb1010y for 10% off your order. Plus, there is free FedEx or USPS ground shipping from Otterbox.com

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by UtahConcealer View Post
    Wish I coulda waited, but had to get a case and Otterbox took too long. If my Seidio doesn't work out I'll for sure be going w/ an Otterbox. For now though, Seidio it is
    Same here. Seidio isn't all that much different either.

anyone got theirs yet? mine shipped yesterday! hope it gets here tommorow!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Just got my defender in and put on just now. Initial reactions? WOW. AMAZING case. All the beef I had on the iphone case they fixed in this one, ie the oil crap. Holster is a little big for my liking, and it looks like the rubber could catch in your pocket but I can tell this is one heck of a nice case.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Just got my defender in and put on just now. Initial reactions? WOW. AMAZING case. All the beef I had on the iphone case they fixed in this one, ie the oil crap. Holster is a little big for my liking, and it looks like the rubber could catch in your pocket but I can tell this is one heck of a nice case.
    PICTURES!!! ...Please... haha.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by gafly View Post
    PICTURES!!! ...Please... haha.

4G LTE Thunderbolt
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I would like to point out that it is much easier to pull down the notification bar, as opposed to the Seidio Rugged case. I hated that it was too fat to get ur finger up there, or maybe my fingers are to fat lol.
    Last edited by Bond32; 11-18-2010 at 06:33 PM.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

humm... I ordered the Commuter because I thought the defender would make the large DX too large but I'm liking the "real life" pictures of the Defender. One of my big concerns about the defender was the ability (or inability) to flick down the notification bar but it looks like Otterbox handled that part of the case better than Seidio.

I'll go ahead and let the commuter come and then decide whether or not to keep it or upgrade to a defender after I can fiddle around with it for a few minutes.

Got my Commuter Case, and its by far the best case i've had for the X. Looks great and doesnt feel bulky at all, and fits the X perfectly. You can easily take it on and off w/o hastle.

Quote Originally Posted by rion_j View Post
    Got my Commuter Case, and its by far the best case i've had for the X. Looks great and doesnt feel bulky at all, and fits the X perfectly. You can easily take it on and off w/o hastle.
    Do you think you could post some pics? I am trying to decide between the Defender & Commuter. Also, what are the measurements of the phone with the Commuter case on? (Length, width, & thickness) Does it slide easily in & out of your pocket?

Bond32: Thanks for the great pictures. It looks awesome. What are the measurements of the phone with the Defender case on? Does it slide easily in & out of your pocket?
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Its no good for a jeans pocket, maybe jacket. It catches pretty easy. I feel like the size is good though. The holster like I said, is a little big but it is really easy to take in and out of the holster one handed which I like. I am curious what the commuter looks like too - I thought the defender was the only one with the built in screen protector but I could be wrong.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Thanked by:

I have been patiently waiting for these as well. Monday, when I got the email that they were here, I went to the website to check em out & saw they were having a Twitter contest all day, giving away a total of 6. I won one! Got my choice of either of the 3 (went with the Defender...had that series on my Storm 2). So now I'm waiting for it to arrive. Otter's are, to me, the best out there for overall protection.

Swyped from the BIGGEST BADDEST machine on the planet
    Droid X
    Froyo 2.2
    ROOTED
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast