Otterbox Commuter

Special K

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
New to the Forum and looking for a good case for my X. Heard good things about Otterbox so have been reading the reviews and i think for my needs, the Commuter looks to be a good option as i like to carry the X in my front pocket. Only thing i'm wondering is, for those of you that have the Commuter case and carry in the front pocket, does the raised cover over the power button on the top ever get pushed to on while in your pocket? If so, i think this will affect battery life if it keeps turning off and on in your pocket. It will still be locked but will still turn on for a minute or so until it goes to sleep again.

Anyways, just wondering if this is an issue i should be concerned with. Thanks.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i wouldnt worry about it at all. unless you depress it, you should be good. i carry mine in one in my front pocket and have had no isses with the phone turning on.

Reactions: Special K

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Im still kinda torn. Im waiting on a new silicon skin to come in. The first one i have is peeling the texture off and the home, back buttons are really hard to push. The skin also started getting loose around the home buttons. Otterbox sent a new one out that i haven't gotten yet and said i might have just been shipped a faulty silicon skin. Besides that i really like the case. I wish the buttons showed the light thru the case, that would be my only mod.

anon(37023)

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The Commuter works well for me in the front pocket. I don't believe it turns on in the pocket, but of course I can't see the phone while it's in there ;)

Last edited:

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The button on top is raised, but doesn't stick out further than the top of the case. I still have to use my finger to hit the button and can't turn it on using a flat surface so I can't imagine it turning on any easier with this case than any other. Just my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781