Superior Dual Cover by Verizon

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I dont have any docks so I cant answer that question but I did get the Veriaon extended battery for it yesterday and the case fits the perfectly even when using the new battery cover.

BKVic

Reactions: blaidth

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Does your X fit in the docks with this case on? That's the reason I took back the verizon 2 piece holster, no go with the dock.

That would be a big fat NO. There are NO cases that work with the dock or the GPS holder. You can use skins on your X and that will work with the dock, but each and every case on the market won't fit.

There are after market GPS holders that will accommodate the X with a case but I can't think of any aftermarket docks.

I might build a dock out of balsa wood and fiberglass... I just need to find 90 degree angle bends for the HDMI and the USB (each one I have found all bend in the wrong direction).

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow great find. I will have to go get me one of these. Can the phone take a fall in this case or is this just good for preventing scuffs and scratches on the body of the phone?

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The commuter. Don't order verizon's version, as it is dumbed down. No, it doesn't fit the extended battery.

sorry to hijack , but was looking at hard cases. I wanted the O.B. defender but the video I just saw shows it screen out. I wonder if you can face it screen in? I have had two defenders for the 8350I blackberry and verizon 9630 bb. Both where great cases.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
sorry to hijack , but was looking at hard cases. I wanted the O.B. defender but the video I just saw shows it screen out. I wonder if you can face it screen in? I have had two defenders for the 8350I blackberry and verizon 9630 bb. Both where great cases.

The defender provides the best protection, but it is a beastly thing. The commuter is "like" the defender, soft premium silicone core, and a nice hard poly carb cover. I have done a lot of case research, and OP has a nice case, but going otter box once, makes it hard to ever try anything else "for me" as the cases just rock. I don't know much about the defender, but the screen protector that comes with the commuter is real nice. You are not Hijacking: )

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure the defender doesn't fit the extended either, but most people I have heard have just forgone the battery door to use the cases. The protection they provide is premium.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
that sucks, I love the extended battery don't know how I would live without it. I will have to search for OB defender. sorry guys. bye.

foodfight

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Just picked this up in the store. I was trying to decide between this and the ob commuter. I like the commuter but don't like that the front buttons are covered. I'll try this for a couple of weeks and upgrade if I don't think its enough.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow, this thread really did get hijacked...

This isn't about Otterbox, this is about Superior.

The Moto extended bat DOES work with the Superior case.

As for the Otterbox cases, the extended bat WILL work with the Commuter and the Impact and MIGHT work with the Defender (the manufacturer says "NO"), but you should go to one of the many threads that are about otterbox and the Defender to talk to people that own it.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow great find. I will have to go get me one of these. Can the phone take a fall in this case or is this just good for preventing scuffs and scratches on the body of the phone?

I’m not really sure about that, as I don't want to test it out myself and I can't find ANY technical info on this case.

What I do know is that this DOES offer scratch and scuff protection. The case is sufficiently raised above the screen, so that is protected as well. I have dropped my phone onto a hard surface from about 4 feet and it was fine.

This case is made from a hard rubber like material, most likely urethane. So I am sure it will offer some minor impact resistance (unlike hard plastics).

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Just picked this up in the store. I was trying to decide between this and the ob commuter. I like the commuter but don't like that the front buttons are covered. I'll try this for a couple of weeks and upgrade if I don't think its enough.

I hope you like this case, it is by far my favorite out of the five cases I have had for the X.

Main thing about this case isn?t that it?s a massive and ultra-protective case, it?s a small sleek case that offers some protection and doesn?t deter from the functionality of the phone.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Went to get my DX again and I found the case. Store had about 3 left after I picked mine up. Love the case, extended battery with cover fits in there perfect.

bigdaddynyy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Didn't see this mentioned, but this dual cover from Verizon does fit in the Seidio Surface Holster. It sticks a little when taking it out, but overall it fits. I had to find a new cover as I had the Seidio surface combo, but once I purchased the extended battery the surface cover would not stay closed. Just found this thread when looking for reviews on the case so I thought I would mention that it does fit in the holster, not a perfect combo, but will have to do until I can find another case/holster combo to work with the extended battery without going to the bulk of the Seidio Rugged or Otterbox.

Reactions: Dirty Ders

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Didn't see this mentioned, but this dual cover from Verizon does fit in the Seidio Surface Holster. It sticks a little when taking it out, but overall it fits. I had to find a new cover as I had the Seidio surface combo, but once I purchased the extended battery the surface cover would not stay closed. Just found this thread when looking for reviews on the case so I thought I would mention that it does fit in the holster, not a perfect combo, but will have to do until I can find another case/holster combo to work with the extended battery without going to the bulk of the Seidio Rugged or Otterbox.

That is great news. There have been a lot of people looking for a holster for it.

I am sure that everyone will be thankful if you continue to find holsters that will work with this case. I don't have much of a need for holsters, so I don't do much shopping around for one.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

I filed down the nubs, about an 1/8 of an inch, at the bottom of the holster. It fits perfectly, after that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan