Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Superior Dual Cover by Verizon

So I first tried the high gloss silicone case by Verizon as I waited for my second case which was the Active X by Seidio. I loved the Seidio, but I still wanted to try other things. So I purchased the Commuter by Otterbox and I hated itÖ all the darn flaps and stuff just got in the way more than they offered added protection.

I thought I was stuck with the Seidio because I couldnít find anything else that looked nice, fit well and offered great protection, until I went back to my local Verizon store to get a replacement original bat. While in the store I saw something that I hadnít seen on any site: The Droid X Dual Cover made by Superior Communications.
    -It is smooth matte finished hard plastic, yet flexible enough to easily put on the X over and over again.
    -It is a one piece design, so it wonít fall apart.
    -It covers all the buttons with large keys that are VERY easy to push.
    -It doesnít get in the way of using the screen.
    -It offers no heat or signal insulation, so my X doesnít get warm and I always have a strong connection.
    -It doesn't attract lint or dust at all.
    -It is low-profiled/thin.
    -It has room for the extended bat.

I canít even find this thing on the Superior Communications site or Verizonís site, yet there it was; hung from a hook at the Verizon Wireless Store.

This case is sexy, sleek, functional, and is the last case I will ever buy for my X.
    Last edited by Dirty Ders; 12-03-2010 at 02:17 PM.
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case
    Thanked by 4:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Here is the skew for it: MOTDRDXHGCOVB
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case

Please take & post some pics of it. Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sorry, they aren't the greatest pics.

how much was it btw?

Global Posts
    10,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Lol, I love otter box, and the port covers...love love love it! Wouldn't trade it for anything else : ) glad you found something working well for you!

Global Posts
    10,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I had a blue one of those on my fascinate, very slick case : ) sorry mods for the double post...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Ders View Post
    Sorry, they aren't the greatest pics.
    Actually, the pics look pretty good. Thanks for posting.

I just picked one up. I agree with your comments, plus I like how easy it is to get out of my pockets.
    Last edited by nlitenme; 12-04-2010 at 09:48 PM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by vsp3c View Post
    how much was it btw?
    It's in one of my local stores for 24.99.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Does this work with any type of belt clip or holster?

ROM
    BAMF Forever

My local store doesn't have it
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    Does this work with any type of belt clip or holster?
    I wish I could help you out with that one, but I don't own any holsters and I don't personally know anyone that owns an X. It is made out of thick plastic(?) so it might just fit the Seidio Innocase Holster but like I said, I don't know for sure.

Verizon has a deal right now, that if you buy two accessories you get 20% off. So I got this sweet case for $18.74 I might just buy another from my VZW store as this seems to be an extremely rare find.

Oh, and to let all of you know if you didn't already notice: This case is specifically made for the extended bat.

I am going to be buying the Pelican iPhone water resistant case soon too, I hope this thing fits into that.

I found some but not the exact same one as you. Not sure if they fit with the Motorola extended battery but looks like it does and the cut out in the back is much bigger.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Here is the skew for it: MOTDRDXHGCOVB

Its not listed on the website but I called Verizon up and gave them the skew for it and mine will be here tomarrow since orders before 4 get free overnight shipping!

Thanks alot for the info!!

BKVic
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Good for you BKVic, I hope you like it.

I am so surprised that I can't find it anywhere on the net, I even googled the skew and I got ONE result... this thread right here on AC. :P

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Good for you BKVic, I hope you like it.
    I'm sure I will as its a nice looking case. I have a two piece on it right now but I just don't feel like it will offer enough protection if I drop it and I will drop it sooner or later. When the wife and I got our Storm 2s I put the hard rubber one piece cases on them that Verizon sold and mine survived two drops onto paved parking lots without a scratch.

BKVic

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

This is a GREAT case!! Best case that Ive seen for the droid X. Its nice and slim and still fits in my Fortte leather case. The buttons still work nicely even though they are covered.

BKVic

ROM
    BAMF Forever

It seems it isn't too rare at least in Paducah, KY. I just gave the sku to a guy at the local store and he said they have 14 LOL. He even went and grabbed one foe me to verify amd described it to me. He said it was 24.99.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Does your X fit in the docks with this case on? That's the reason I took back the verizon 2 piece holster, no go with the dock.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

I dont have any docks so I cant answer that question but I did get the Veriaon extended battery for it yesterday and the case fits the perfectly even when using the new battery cover.

BKVic
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by blaidth View Post
    Does your X fit in the docks with this case on? That's the reason I took back the verizon 2 piece holster, no go with the dock.
    That would be a big fat NO. There are NO cases that work with the dock or the GPS holder. You can use skins on your X and that will work with the dock, but each and every case on the market won't fit.

There are after market GPS holders that will accommodate the X with a case but I can't think of any aftermarket docks.

I might build a dock out of balsa wood and fiberglass... I just need to find 90 degree angle bends for the HDMI and the USB (each one I have found all bend in the wrong direction).

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow great find. I will have to go get me one of these. Can the phone take a fall in this case or is this just good for preventing scuffs and scratches on the body of the phone?

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I had a blue one of those on my fascinate, very slick case : ) sorry mods for the double post...
    does it work with extended battery door? Which otterbox do you have?
    May the droid be with you !

Global Posts
    10,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    does it work with extended battery door? Which otterbox do you have?
    The commuter. Don't order verizon's version, as it is dumbed down. No, it doesn't fit the extended battery.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast