Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Arrow One Piece, or Two Piece Case for your Droid X?

One piece case, or two piece case fella's, or no case at all on your Droid X?
    Look Ma, I gots me a smart phone

My Time Line->Samsung 540->LG VX8300->LG EnV Orange->Storm 1->Droid X->Droid Razr Maxx

Personal preference. I like one piece cases or naked depending on what I'm doing.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by df79transam View Post
    One piece case, or two piece case fella's, or no case at all on your Droid X?
    Naked.

Love to show off all it's splendor and beauty.

Plus caseless, you can use all the docks.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

nekked. now if only i could find a decent pouch for my x; im still using my OG droid one

I primarily use the two piece body glove case which, offers excellent grip and has a felt liner. Also, I use a one piece silicone case when I need a slimer phone (no belt clip). I never leave home without one of them on...

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I tried 2 piece case,1 piece case, and a soft pouch didn't like none of them. Well actual the 2 piece broke in 2 weeks soooooooo I ran the gambit case thing,,,, now is naked

Sent using TaPaTaLk

I do like those clean stick on type. No bulk added to the phone but a lot of them are a glossy finish. I like the matte finish of the phone.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Snap together cases suck; I am always hearing that they break easily. Not all 2 piece cases suck though, the Seidio line are all two pieces but the don’t snap together on the edge, so they are kinda like two separate one piece cases that fit together.

Personally, I like a one piece case as there's less hassle putting it on and taking it off. I started a thread in the accessories category about the Superior case from Verizon, check it out.
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

I guess partially naked?? I have a skin from Skinit.com on mine. Gives some protection and still works with all docks. Also nicely hides every logo Moto placed on the phone.
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3

I personally do not like the 2 pc cases.
    I had always used a one pc case but latley I have been going naked and like that.

+1
    Love all things Seidio but use the car dock so I went to the Seidio phone only holster and a screen guard.

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Plus caseless, you can use all the docks.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC 1.2

Naked but hard case when I go out, want to get an otterbox but I'm using the vzw hard case with the kickstand

Otterbox Commuter.

I don't use a desktop dock/cradle and for in the car, if I need to use it for GPS, I have a Arkon Mega Grip Universal Mount that works with my X or my wife's D2 along with a car charger we already have.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

-----------------------------------------
    Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card
    -----------------------------------------

I personally like it naked but when I go out I put my one piece case on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Amanda
    Lovin My Droid X

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Body Glove 2-pc case here, no complaints!

Seidio Surface 2 piece case here and have not had any problems. I have the rugged add on as well that I use when I am at work and like it also. And agree with a previous poster about the Arkon Mega grip, have one as well and LOVE it.
    UtahConcealer

Crackberry 8330 ---> Droid X ---> Droid X2 ---> Blk 16gb iPhone 4

I had/have the 2 piece carbon fiber case from VZW, but I recently got the "argyle" silicone type one piece case mentioned on the front page of this site. It is thinner than the 2-piece, easier to get off, and it keeps the dust out better. It is also harder to press the power, volume, and camera buttons, but in the end it only cost me $3 from Amazon.

I generally think phones look and work better without cases BUT I generally rock and 2-piece hard case on my phones for the first 1 to 1.5 years. The remaining time I'm less worried about damage and don't use a case because my upgrade is closer.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

I tried the verizon 2 piece holster but it felt slippery, and wouldnt fit car dock, so i am back to using the leather verizon holster case, which i use as a pocket case only. Btw took out the magnets from the case, hated how it sent me into dock mode. so really i guess it's naked when i am using it. ^_^
    BTW does the kickstand case fit in the docks?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,734 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Don't hurt me, they are all made in korea china...cheap uncontrolled material......oh, otter box, premium USA materials.......first class or crap? Easy. My dad is a vet, take your anger good by if usa products make you mad, american made!... ..

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Don't hurt me, they are all made in korea china...cheap uncontrolled material......oh, otter box, premium USA materials.......first class or crap? Easy. My dad is a vet, take your anger good by if usa products make you mad, american made!... ..
    Just who are you talking to? Did I miss a post? I dont think anyone here made any negative comments about US made products, or even China made products.

FYI The OtterBox cases are NOT made in the USA. Seriously, where are people getting that info from? Their site doesnt say that anywhere. The case itself has a big fat Made in China moulded into it.
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case

Johnly, I get it now... you posted in the wrong thread. This thread here is the right one:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...droid-x-2.html

I too am an American Veteran, disabled twice over. I did not make any hateful remarks towards American Products, American Companies, or American anything. I just made a comment on my observations (which are factual).

Take a deep breath, relax and try to invoke your reading comprehension skills.

OtterBox is "Designed in the USA" but the product is "Made in China". Just look on the inside of your case.

If you have anything to the contrary to add then please site your source.

Here is proof:

Images provided by rion_j

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC 1.2

Naked most of the time otterbox the rest
    Nokia 6xxx >> Motorola i710 >> Motorola Razr >> BB 9000 >> BB 9700 >> Nexus One >> Droid X >> Thunderbolt