Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Accessories that fit DX with Motorola's Extended battery

Lets start a thread on what accessories will fit the DX with Motorola's Extended battery from VZW. I'll update as we go along.

Here is what I'm talking about for those who do not have the extended battery. It addeds about 1-2mm, about the thickness of a credit card (3rd pic)

Cases that will fit
    -VZW's Dual Cover
    -VZW's leather Holster
    -Seidio Innocase Rugged Holster
    -Outterbox Defender Series Case
    -Seidio Innocase Surface

Docks that will fit
    Last edited by RHChan84; 01-11-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is relevant to my interests....

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by notrega View Post
    This is relevant to my interests....
    So why would you post here?

To the OP, I believe it does fit with the Motorola media Dock. Also I have found that these work:

http://store.androidcentral.com/veri...4A120A7314.htm
    http://store.androidcentral.com/seid...4A123A7360.htm
    http://store.androidcentral.com/otte...4A104A7564.htm
    http://store.androidcentral.com/seid...4A123A7361.htm

Does NOT work:
    http://store.androidcentral.com/veri...4A123A7318.htm
    http://store.androidcentral.com/seid...4A123A7371.htm
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. I will update list when im out of work. I have the motorola media/charging dock and it fits perfect.

There is a guy on another forum I visited that is making a case for this phone that is quite interesting, he says it supports the Droid X extended battery.

I am not sure if the company is called "Jaw Case" or if the actual product is called "Jaw Case". He hasn't released it however so its just vapor ware right now. I told him to pm me if he ever gets his case made so we'll wait n see.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Nice. Let us know, might be worth checking out.

The Otterbox Commuter works with the extended battery.

I have tried just about all the cases and accessories out there and they all seem to work with the Moto extended battery. Mainly, you just have to steer clear of hard and non-flexible cases that are constructed out of plastic like most snap together two piece cases.

Maybe this thread would be more useful to list accessories and cases that DON'T work.
    Last edited by Dirty Ders; 01-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

That is true. From what I have played with and tried, seems like all silicone cases work.

The extended battery fits in the desktop charger and also the car dock. I've heard the otterbox defender does Not fit a droid x with the extended battery, I will find out in a few days when I get mine in the mail.

Body Glove case fits with the Extended Battery door on. I was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Galaxy Nexus Toro running CM10 with Leankernel
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yea didn't look like it would.

Otterbox Commuter fits too if I'm not mistaken. I prefer that one.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Note that the body glove does fit however if you use the new door you put too much pressure on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by alershka View Post
    Body Glove case fits with the Extended Battery door on. I was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Doesn't work with the Body Glove case for me, and I hate that as I LOVE this case, I get pressure spots on the screen, tried it without the battery door and still got the pressure spots, they go away as soon as I unsnap the case....had to go back to silicone. Just ordered the Trident Kraken, hoping it will work, ( I have the Motorola 1880/1930 extended battery btw)

Don't worry about the Kraken, it definitely works with the MOTO extended bat.

These are the cases that I have used that fit and work with the Moto extended bat:

Trident Kraken
    Seidio Active X
    VZW Gloss Silicone
    VZW Superior Dual
    Otterbox Commuter

The Kraken and the Superior Dual are my favorites.
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Ders View Post
    Don't worry about the Kraken, it definitely works with the MOTO extended bat.

These are the cases that I have used that fit and work with the Moto extended bat:

Trident Kraken
    Seidio Active X
    VZW Gloss Silicone
    VZW Superior Dual
    Otterbox Commuter

The Kraken and the Superior Dual are my favorites.
    With the Seidio Active, did you have the battery cover on or off?

It wasn't the Seidio Active, so I can't help with that.

I have the Seidio Active X, it is a limited edition Amazon exclusive. I can tell it wasn't designed for the Moto extended bat, but the case is soft and pliable silicone with a plastic X shaped exoskeleton. So everything fits rather well and puts no pressure on the screen.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Gotcha, found them on Amazon, they have the black on black. Black on blue is sold out. Might have to check it out. Either that or Kraken.

The active X is kind of nice, but I experienced heat build up with mine. I had to cut a square the size of the battery in the back of the silicone. The plastic exoskeleton covered it up and my X stopped over heating. The key is to cut round corners and leave about inch margin for the overlap of the plastic exoskeleton. I also experienced minor signal drop. The case is very protective, but the thick silicone offered too many cons.

Overall, I stopped using the Active X and I went with the Kraken. NO issues with the Kraken. For my everyday case I use the Superior Dual case that you can only buy through VZW either in their stores or over the phone… it isn’t even on their website. I have the product skew for it below in my signature. I suggest you take a look at it in their store. I also have a thread for it here in the forum.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I have the superior dual cover. I just like to change things up here and there. I wish there were different colors of the superior dual cover.

I forgot you already have the Dual.

Well, get the Kraken. It is a beast, gives you more protection than anything else, you just can't easily get it in and out of pants pockets.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

They look nice but that was one thing I was concerned about. The thickness. I was looking at the Incipio one as well.

And with the Kraken you get the choice of 5 different color cases and 9 different color skins. The additional skins are sold for $7.95

Yah, the Kraken is 7/8" thick.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast