Two Thumbs Up For Otterbox!

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I recently ordered a Commuter case from Otterbox for my Droid X and it arrived today. The fit and finish of the case is nothing else that I would expect from them.

The thing is, the plug that goes into the USB charging port sticks out a bit and doesn't sit flush.

I called customer service and told them and asked if it should be sitting flush and he immediately said, "oh yeah, it totally should, let me send you out a new one right now".

So they are sending me a brand new case via fed ex at no charge. When I asked how to send my current one back he indicated to just keep it as a spare or give it to a friend if they don't care about the charging port sticking out a bit. He also said that I could cut this off and use it that way but either way he was sending me a new one out today via Fed Ex.

I have bought 3 other cases from Otterbox and have found their customer service to be exceptional. Maybe it's the fact that they are in Fort Collins, CO and are just smoking some good stuff that keeps them mellow and happy, or perhaps they have realized that a good business model is taking care of the customer after the sale.

Either way, I would recommend then all day long to anyone looking for a high quality case!!!

esmcblurm3

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I also ordered a commuter. I didn't hear anything from Otter regarding shipping after a few days from ordering. I called them, and the woman on the other end apologized and is overnighting me one straight from their office.

I was pleased!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup calling is the fastest way to get their attention. Someone name Kathy is whom I talked to, I think , and she gets stuff taken care off. I dont have an otterbox for my current phones but have delt with them in the past and always had excellent CS when I dealt with Kath. :)

Last edited:

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I’m curious if the replacement has better port covers. It is awesome that Otterbox sent you a free one without an exchange.

When I got mine in the mail, I was unhappy with the port covers too. I returned it for a refund. I ended up getting the Trident Kraken for my “tough” case.

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The replacement that they sent me fits perfect. The port covers fit in very snug and I don't have a problem. Actually recommended the case to a friend who got one and doesn't have any problems either. LOVE the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781