Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Droid X TPU Case

    anyone buy a tpu case from ? Good prices and they ship from the USA so you'll get them fast.
  2. #2  

    Default

    They look just like the Amzer argyle cases that are sold on Amazon.

    I always thought they were a hard silicone. They feel nothing like TPU.

    Amazon.com: Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case for Motorola Droid X MB810 - Smoke grey: Cell Phones & Accessories

    $5.18 and free shipping... not bad.
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case
  3. #3  

    Default

    So, what does real TPU feel like? What are the differences between hard silicone and TPU? Just curious.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default

    I am most likely mistaken, but I always thought that TPU couldn’t achieve that same high-gloss and tack that silicone could achieve.

    I am fairly certain though that silicone is more flexible than acrylized urethane (TPU). TPU is more resilient to gouging and scratches, but even silicone has some self healing properties in that aspect. Silicone is more resilient for impact energy absorption. Silicone has one big downfall in my opinion, and that is insulation for thermal and electromagnetic energy. This causes the battery and phone to heat up and sometimes shutdown, and it impedes signal strength, so there are trade offs.

    My silicone cases all have incredible tack, regardless of its sheen, some are dull and one is high gloss. It was the Seidio Active "X" (not the Active) that I noticed the heat build up and minor loss of signal.

    The TPU case I own, is very dull and has no tack at all. It feels like it is always coated with talc. Its much more rigid, stays cool and doesn't block the signal.
    Last edited by Dirty Ders; 03-02-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case
  5. #5  

    Default

    What I am curious about: Do these cases ever come in anything other than argyle?
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Ders View Post
    What I am curious about: Do these cases ever come in anything other than argyle?
    +1 I am sick of the Argyle already!

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  7. #7  
    cascivic's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Ders View Post
    What I am curious about: Do these cases ever come in anything other than argyle?
    I know right. for my blackberry they finally came out with the "pro" tpu case of ebay from dcmugen88 and that was just flat colors. now i move to the x and im back to the argyll!!! is that a fashion statement in china or something??
  8. #8  

    Default



    Other TPU cases. Clear back and color sides.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post


    Other TPU cases. Clear back and color sides.
    Itís funny that those look just like the VZW Gloss Silicone in black or purple. This is really making me wonder if the names for most TPU cases are wrong. 90% of all the TPU cases that I have seen and touched donít feel like Urethane at all, they all look, feel, and behave like silicone.

    The clear ones must be TPU but the ones that are black and purple with the diamond texture on the inside are surely silicone.

    Plus, I just hate the offset rectangular speaker and mic cutouts.
    Droid X 2.3.3 w/ Moto BH6X Bat, SanDisk 32G C2, Superior Dual Cover Case, Trident Kraken Case
  10. #10  

    Default

    I got mine from here:


    It's not tacky like silicone at all. It doesn't attract pocket lint either. Any silicone case I've ever had was flimsy and grippy.
  11. #11  

    Default

    I just don't like the argyle design. I like a simple solid color. Or solid two colors.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Ders View Post
    Itís funny that those look just like the VZW Gloss Silicone in black or purple. This is really making me wonder if the names for most TPU cases are wrong. 90% of all the TPU cases that I have seen and touched donít feel like Urethane at all, they all look, feel, and behave like silicone.

    The clear ones must be TPU but the ones that are black and purple with the diamond texture on the inside are surely silicone.

    Plus, I just hate the offset rectangular speaker and mic cutouts.
    Speaking as the owner of tpu-cases.com, I can tell you the black and purple cases you mention with the diamond texture on the inside are 100% thermoplastic polyurethane. I dont think I've ever seen a glossy silicone case before, they are usually matte are they not? I commonly see TPU mislabeled as silicone but I've never seen silicone mislabeled as TPU.
    Diztronic Owner
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    Speaking as the owner of tpu-cases.com, I can tell you the black and purple cases you mention with the diamond texture on the inside are 100% thermoplastic polyurethane. I dont think I've ever seen a glossy silicone case before, they are usually matte are they not? I commonly see TPU mislabeled as silicone but I've never seen silicone mislabeled as TPU.
    A few things:

    1) Thanks for the cases. My wife, brother and I all have one from you and we all really like them.

    2) What happened to the colors for the DX. You used to have a bunch, now it's just a handful.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Droid X TPU Case

    Take a look at this one:



    its only $2.98
  15. #15  
    joelmic's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12 Posts

    Default Re: Droid X TPU Case

    I have some TPU cases and a screen protector that I need product reviews for. I need about 5 reviews Please call me if you are interested in writing a review. My number is 865-200-6368 and email is
  16. #16  
    vor
    vor is offline
    vor's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bigxie

    Default Re: Droid X TPU Case

    Very happy with the TPU covers I just got from Monoprice. Better than the ones I originally got from Verizon. The Headphone hole is the correct size too. $1.13/ez (~$3 shipped, 5 are less than $9 shipped)

    Droid HD Maxx on Tmo Prepaid [ROM] Nexesesque
    Xoom [ROM] Team EOS ICS

    Galaxy Nexus GSM [ROM] RasbeanJelly
    Droid X [ROM] VorteX Reloaded (VXR)

Posting Permissions

B