Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Question Gorilla Gadget 3500Mah Battery, is it a chineese fake?

Guys, my father in law just got a Gorilla Gadgets battery recently for his DX and it doesn't appear to be much better then the stock battery so far.
    Has anyone tested this battery to see if it's really a 3500Mah battery?

Going to send the battery back if the life doesn't improve with a few cycles.

Thanks for any input !

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

I own this battery and its the best Ive ever used. Theres a thread in here somewhere(probably a few pages back)all about it. this batt with juice defender keeps me powered up and after charging it full and draining it a few times settles it in nicely. Its all about usage

Sent from the X of B
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I have this battery too and has been excellent.I noticed a major improvement over stock battery.

sent using TaPaTaLk

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

And I love that its got a graphic design on the entire battery of that big a** gorilla,lol

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I was mowing this Saturday and had my phone with me as I mowed.
    When I went back in the house I noticed the extended battery door cover had fallen off, lucky the battery didnt too.

I looked for it couldnt find it,soooo I emailed Gorilla Gadgets asking if they sold just the door because I still had the battery.

I received an email back from them saying they would ship me one out this week ,for free

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Yea I have noticed over time the door catches, if you can call them that, that slide up into the top of the base to stay in place, does come out more often than it used to. Guess it was from all those battery pulls modding my X! lol

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

I've had my GG 3500 for maybe 4 months... It is considerably better than stock. Certainly not twice the on/usage time though. And, I sorta think it's already biting the dust.

I also had bought an OEM BH6X. After comparing it, the stock and the GG3500 a few months, the BH6X seems to run a nice amount over stock, certainly not quite as much as the GG. But, it fits better (the GG always had a loose door and the battery fell right out), and the phone is obviously slim with the OEM style battery and the door doesn't constantly come off in my pocket like the GG

I bought another BH6X and stand alone charger and swap them back and forth. I used the GG heavily for a while, but feel it just wasn't worth the hassle of the size, door issue etc.. I keep it around for all day trips as a back up emergency source.

Just can't say I'm that amazed at it, although I reallllly wanted to be. Good price on the GG, as the BH6X is 33 bucks on ebay. But I think the cells in the GG are somewhat slightly questionable. I will probably grab another BH6X so I have three and that should be safe. lol...

Default Re: Gorilla Gadget 3500Mah Battery, is it a chineese fake?

I have one. Was one of the first on the forum to have one. A couple months down the road now and it is staying charged less and less...

Anyone else notice this? I do not have more running on my phone. In fact probably less. I really raved about it at first. Now Im not so sure. Should get more than 2 months out of one.

I did the run down and then leave plugged in overnight 4-4 times the first week. Did it again once a week for a couple more weeks. Sure doesnt last like it did.

May contact GG......?