Case For Droid X With Moto Extended Battery

dainfamouslipz#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Can some one please give me a solid answer on this?
Which case/holster for Droid X with Moto extended battery?
If you read all of the comments on this there are alot of conflicting answers and Verizon has no answer on this.

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you refering to the 1930 mAH droid x/x2?

Im using it in my DX with an otterbox. It dropped right in and using the same door that came with my DX. So any case that fits the DX will work... and yeah its well worth it.

Cheers

Sullosar

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Case

I actually have an Otterbox as well for my X with extended battery, and it works but I'm not a fan. I got it because my friends with iphones have one, and while it is very sturdy and I feel like I could throw it against a wall, I also feel its too bulky for my pocket. The outer liner doesn't feel as long lasting as I would like, it keeps feeling like its going to stretch and come off too easily.

I bought a Seidio Innocase Active and I love this thing much better. Still has silicon liner and plastic shell, but reversed order so the hard shell is on the outside. It feels sturdier for long life, and its smoother so it goes into and out of my pocket more easily.

It is a really tight case, so it takes a minute to put it on and I don't have any plans of taking it off anytime soon, but if I did it would probably be a pain.

Also, it comes in colors. Which is cool.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
For the most part; any case that is soft and flexible will fit the DX with the BH6X Moto extended battery. The extended battery only adds about 1mm thickness to the phone, that’s about the thickness of a credit card. As long as the case is not rigid and unforgiving, and it is NOT specifically designed for the extended battery, then it will work.

I have tried or owned a couple dozen different cases for the DX, all the cases worked with the extended battery, even the ones that weren’t designed for it. If there is an issue with a hard case and the battery, then you can always try using the case without the battery door installed, many times hard cases that are not designed for the extended bat will still apply the right amount of pressure to keep the extended bat firmly seated in the phone when the door is not installed.

Many cases are specifically designed to fit the extended battery; you will be hard pressed to find one that won’t accommodate the BH6X battery.

Buffalo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Can some one please give me a solid answer on this?
Which case/holster for Droid X with Moto extended battery?
If you read all of the comments on this there are alot of conflicting answers and Verizon has no answer on this.

I have used the Seido Active X since day one, and it works VERY well.

jonathon1289

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Trident Aegis (my current case) works, as well as the Seidio Surface case. There was a slight crack in the one side of the Seidio case where it did not fully snap together, but I am not sure if that was due to the extended battery or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781