1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default With no good car charger, what do you use?

Do you just go without a charger or do you get an inverter...or some other option?

Default Re: With no good car charger, what do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    Do you just go without a charger or do you get an inverter...or some other option?

Instead of buying a single port car charger plug on ebay, go to Walmart and get one with two usb ports on it. It cost me about $12-$13.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by AllstarE4 View Post
    Instead of buying a single port car charger plug on ebay, go to Walmart and get one with two usb ports on it. It cost me about $12-$13.
    I thought the TF required a special output...higher than a generic charger.

Quote Originally Posted by AllstarE4 View Post
    That is the point of the one I linked it is a full 12v with 2amps instead of the standard 5v with 1amp so it works for the TF.

I have my Transformer mounted in the vehicle and I usually run all day without having to charge. I usually have the charger with me and do have an inverter running in the vehicle but have rarely charged in the car.

True with just alittle planning I haven't got stuck with a dead tab in the car yet but its a nice option for less than $10 USD and I can leave the stock charger at home.
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

I have mounted mine in the car for road trips - watched movies on it and everything - every time we stopped I would boost the juice by putting it in the dock - then back into my car mount when we were ready to leave again - drove over 12 hours without needing to charge - charged overnight then did it all again. But I do keep a nice small inverter in the car should such a need arise.

Agree with the Inverter suggestion. Better to just keep the cable plugged into the block when on a trip, so it isn't lost in the car.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD