just got my transformer... anyone use a screen protector?

asaulo1#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
just got my package from walmart.com yesterday and I am now a proud owner of an asus transformer. I am still up in the air about it as compared to the BB playbook but I am liking certain things about it. I just wanted to ask if anyone can recommend a good screen protector. Thanks in advance....

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought it got gorilla corning glass screen which is almost impossible to scratch unless you try really hard... I'm expecting to get my TF next week but i wont be getting a screen protector for it. I don't use screen protector on my Atrix it degrades the colors and makes it look crappy...

Syrusoo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Only reason I would use a screen protector would be to reduce finger prints on the screen and those particular covers tend to be the worst at degrading the quality of what you see. But if you prefer it to wiping it down every day then go for it. I don't see any fingerprint-less protectors for this device.

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, I see your point; I made that mistake with my desire HD and got a screen protector that showed up fingerprints just like the underlying surface! :D

asaulo1#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow torn vs the Playbook...

BB playbook was issued by work. in some ways, the 7 inch form factor is nice especially when you're on the train or what not. as far as the screen protector is concerned, like what some of the prevoius posts mentioned, its more for the finger prints. this seems to be a fingerprint magnet....

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I thought it got gorilla corning glass screen which is almost impossible to scratch unless you try really hard... I'm expecting to get my TF next week but i wont be getting a screen protector for it. I don't use screen protector on my Atrix it degrades the colors and makes it look crappy...

You are correct. It does have Gorilla Glass.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I do not and will not use one. After getting a lot of usage out of an OG Galaxy tab (has gorilla glass too) I can say you won't need a screen protector.

I Also have no problems doing a key scratch test for people. Its quite fun to see reactions when you take a set of keys and tap and scratch the glass with no markings or light scratches at all.

Ill post a video of doing it if you are interested

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
This thing is a fingerint magnet - I think i would defonotly be interested in a screen protected for less prints - what type of cover in general reduces this?

ziffbam

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I use an antiglare protector on mine. It doesn't seem to distort the colors, it makes it easier to see, and my finger glides across is like butter

verncat05

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Got it in and applied it yesterday. It definitely cuts down on the glare and is much more finger-friendly for games and such. The 2 holes at the top are not cut out by a machine, you can tell they are hand-cut out, but they line up just fine. Over all, worth it.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Got it in and applied it yesterday. It definitely cuts down on the glare and is much more finger-friendly for games and such. The 2 holes at the top are not cut out by a machine, you can tell they are hand-cut out, but they line up just fine. Over all, worth it.

Was it hard to put it on? Cause my friend suggested about getting this one instead. Not that it's hard to put on but I guess he likes the brand or something.