Rooting the Transformer on 8.6.5.13

trust-no-one

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I just bought a Transformer and want to root it, not really for a custom ROM but more for things like app backup and overclocking :D. I have a question about this, but I cant find the answer to it anywhere lese.

My question is, is it possible to root the Transformer on the newest 8.6.5.13 firmware? I was looking at using this guide, but I'm not sure if it will work on the newest firmware. Can anyone offer me any advice?

tno~

trust-no-one

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
If a mod could delete this thread that would be great, ive learnt my device is a B70 and cant be rooted yet and that its fw version is too high anyway XD
thanks anyway

trust-no-one

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I attempted to nvflash my tab, I get up to the point where I install the drivers for APX, then I run download.exe and it just says "USB Device Not Recognized". Any ideas? I've tried both a x64 Win 7 box and a x86 linux box... maybe I just have the new bootrom XD.

thx,
tno~

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
TNO:

Did you go to the ASUS site and download the latest drivers (Make sure you get the right ones.)?

Did you check to see if your Transformer was connected to your PC by checking your computers explorer "root" screen?

It sounds like this is a matter of not having things set right to communicate between your tablet and PC. Most likely the ASUS drivers.

Hopes this helps

Cbill

Last edited:

barnito

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I didn't use nvflash. I put mine into apx mode and flashed it with the all in one root utility v6 it flashed clockwork mod and rooted for me then I installed Prime from clockworkmod....

PS. I couldn't get the windows one to work. Just the one that opens up in a command line.. dunno if it matters... but it worked for me....

Last edited:

trust-no-one

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
tried a few more times, i think im out of luck... tried another pc with the all in one root utility, didnt work, i think im just gonna have to wait for the b70 root.

thanks anyway,
tno

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital