Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zedorda
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transformer and Bluetooth Condenser Mic?

So heres the deal: I'm not totally sold on tablets yet, but I got a chance to play with a coworkers transformer with the keyboard dock and its an awesome toy. I'm thinking of buying one for the purpose of making music with it. I know USB mics are a no-go but what about a bluetooth mic such as this one ECMHW2 Sony ECM-HW2 Bluetooth Electoret Condenser Microphone with Interactive 2-way Conversation up to 100'., 5.1 Channel Center Sound ?

Default Re: Transformer and Bluetooth Condenser Mic?

That device might work but it is not purposed for general audio use. It is a Conversation grade mic for purposes similar to news reporting or interviews so it has a fairly narrow range to reduce noise interference. You may want something more purposed for music or professional grade if your considering making Demos.
    jimlikesmayo likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I already record (a lot!) i was just using that as a reference point haha. I guess my question should have been: what is the most practical (possible?) way for me to record an audio signal on the transformer.

I am correct in saying USB mics don't work, yeah?

I can't say all usb mics don't work but there may not be any expressed as supported on an android system. The Transformer does have a 3.5mm Stereo Headphone/Mic combo jack so just about any standard Mic works with an adapter.