So heres the deal: I'm not totally sold on tablets yet, but I got a chance to play with a coworkers transformer with the keyboard dock and its an awesome toy. I'm thinking of buying one for the purpose of making music with it. I know USB mics are a no-go but what about a bluetooth mic such as this one ECMHW2 Sony ECM-HW2 Bluetooth Electoret Condenser Microphone with Interactive 2-way Conversation up to 100'., 5.1 Channel Center Sound ?
    02-27-2012 05:34 PM
    That device might work but it is not purposed for general audio use. It is a Conversation grade mic for purposes similar to news reporting or interviews so it has a fairly narrow range to reduce noise interference. You may want something more purposed for music or professional grade if your considering making Demos.
    jimlikesmayo likes this.
    02-27-2012 07:19 PM
    I already record (a lot!) i was just using that as a reference point haha. I guess my question should have been: what is the most practical (possible?) way for me to record an audio signal on the transformer.

I am correct in saying USB mics don't work, yeah?
    02-27-2012 08:16 PM
    I can't say all usb mics don't work but there may not be any expressed as supported on an android system. The Transformer does have a 3.5mm Stereo Headphone/Mic combo jack so just about any standard Mic works with an adapter.
    02-27-2012 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD