why root a tablet?

grimmace193

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm all for rooting and hacking and Rom-ing a device that you own but what is the benefit of rooting a tablet. I suppose roms would be a good answer but other than that, are there any apps that will not work without rooting? also my transformer has almost no crapware at all.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Titanium Backup won't work without rooting. Also, custom ROMs/kernels can usually harness the full power of your hardware and give you better performance.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got my transformer today and can't see any reason I would want to root it. Sure I root my phones. I do that for better battery life and wifi tether...have yet to see a use for rooting a tablet.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I root my devices for the same reason I don't buy apple products. It is my device and I decide what I can and can not do with it.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Rooted.
I need it to be rooted to do a proper backup. I also wanted to kill off some bloatware, though thankfully Asus didn't overdo that.
I'll root it needed because it belongs to me.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I root my devices for the same reason I don't buy apple products. It is my device and I decide what I can and can not do with it.

This. Even though I was pretty happy with my transformer right out of the box, I prefer to have total control over my devices. I didn't pay 400+ dollars only to have part of the tablet be locked on me

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just bought mine and it's still in transit. I don't know for sure if I will root it right away. But I know that at some point I will to push it beyond the manufacturer's limits. 2 weeks and my Optimus V was rooted and rommed with RodimusRom.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I rooted mine so I could use my PS3 controller wirelessly with it. Also froze some of the bloat, which is minimal on the TF, but still there.

-Suntan

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Since upgrading to ICS, I just might have a reason to root. ICS sucks. If there is no update fix soon, I'll have to root to get HC back.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Since upgrading to ICS, I just might have a reason to root. ICS sucks. If there is no update fix soon, I'll have to root to get HC back.

What he said. I tried a hard reset tonite and if that doesnt fix this thing I will be rooting and romming just to get back the old faithful operation and battery of Honeycomb

jakson0100

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
That's a googleable question - try taking your question and put it in your Google search box and you'll find out. It's getting less and less necessary now that the app writers and makers are
listening more to their customers. ;-)

gtamhankar

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
To get JB awesomeness!

It's a totally different beast with a JB ROM and the hardware is actually decent enough to support it!

I had almost placed an order for Nexus 10 but I think my TF101 has got a second wind...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
To get JB awesomeness!

It's a totally different beast with a JB ROM and the hardware is actually decent enough to support it!

I had almost placed an order for Nexus 10 but I think my TF101 has got a second wind...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

What version of a ROM are you using? I want to update to Cyanogenmod but I am not really sure.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I would root it to be able to run ad-blocking software. I don't think you can block ads without rooting - I'd be happy to learn if you could, though...