anyone else disappointed?

asterather

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I keep telling people about this game, but it might as will be useless. no invite codes! It'd there a way to recruit? I see the option but it doesn't do anything.

Eric Shurts

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It is still a closed beta. Once the beta is done, they'll unlock it for anyone wanting to play. That being said.... sadly, all my attempts to get an invite have not produced anything yet.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not entirely certain why I received one almost immediately upon request (except possibly for my long personal association with the Illuminati and Discordians). Unfortunately, my neighborhood doesn't have much action, and downtown DC, while extremely active, is also fairly overpowered, making it too dangerous for a newbie to enter.

rlhammon

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It's not dangerous, it's ripe with opportunity. heck, just go and hack every portal and gain XP and weapons, and move up in level. Higher level portals seem to provide higher level rewards, which is how as a newbie you can step in. Grab some XMP's, take over a few portals, link a few to create a field, and you'll be level 3 in no time.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I played for about a week but decided a couple of days ago it's not worth it, at least in my area. There is one individual in my area who clearly got one of the early invites and takes the game WAY too serious--admitted to driving 10,000+ in 3 weeks and COMM activity shows him playing all hours of the day over a 100+ mile range. Needless to say he's already lvl 7 (and nearly level 8, according to him) with a ridiculous arsenal at his disposal. Any portals I located or took over were quickly reclaimed by him with little to no effort and replaced with high level portals that anyone less than level 5 has no chance of taking. Anyways, anyone hoping to casually participate on the opposing team has no chance. I'm just hoping Google resets everything if/when the game comes out of beta.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I played for about a week but decided a couple of days ago it's not worth it, at least in my area. There is one individual in my area who clearly got one of the early invites and takes the game WAY too serious--admitted to driving 10,000+ in 3 weeks and COMM activity shows him playing all hours of the day over a 100+ mile range. Needless to say he's already lvl 7 (and nearly level 8, according to him) with a ridiculous arsenal at his disposal. Any portals I located or took over were quickly reclaimed by him with little to no effort and replaced with high level portals that anyone less than level 5 has no chance of taking. Anyways, anyone hoping to casually participate on the opposing team has no chance. I'm just hoping Google resets everything if/when the game comes out of beta.

I can understand your frustration. I just leveled up to 3, but there is a few individuals in Jacksonville, FL that have all night to drive everywhere and reclaim any portals and links that I establish. What's worse is that the notifications of portals/resonators being destroyed come WAY too late for me to do anything about. Even if I have the portal key (that allows me to recharge resonators from anywhere), I dont have a chance to save any resonators if I cant get real-time notifications that someone is attacking them. Jacksonville was once covered in green but yesterday it looks like that person(s) have destroyed our most of our strongest portals and simultaneously created control fields. How do they have enough XM to keep doing that? I think I am going to focus on my local area for now instead of going downtown.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12