Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geekymcfly
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The recommend a book thread

Have you recently started or completed a good book that you would like to recommend to others? Just list the title of the book and the authors name. If it is available in eBook format please include a link to the page.

I am currently reading:
    The Third Bullet by Stephen Hunter
    Amazon.com: The Third Bullet: A Bob Lee Swagger Novel (9781451640205): Stephen Hunter: Books

Never Surrender by Michael Dobbs
    Never Surrender: A Novel of Winston Churchill: Michael Dobbs: Amazon.com: Books

One Minute to Midnight by Michael Dobbs
    One Minute to Midnight: Kennedy, Khrushchev, and Castro on the Brink of Nuclear War (Vintage): Michael Dobbs: 9781400078912: Amazon.com: Books
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Default Re: The recommend a book thread

Check out and set up a profile for Free evils that download directly from Amazon to a Kindle or any device you have the Free Kindle application on.

Gcaver2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by gcaver2 View Post
    Check out and set up a profile for Free evils that download directly from Amazon to a Kindle or any device you have the Free Kindle application on.

Gcaver2
    Thanks I will.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Here are some books i enjoy reading

What ITs Like To Go To War by Karl Marlantes

A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah

Homicide: Life On The Killing Streets by David Simon

You'll have to check the Kindle app for the next book but its great. Its called Extinction Point by Paul Antony Jones

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Dominatus by D.W. Ulsterman

I have not read fantasy in a while. Right now I'm reading The Twelve by Justin Cronin. It's a bloody good horror story.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I would love to be able to get the first Highlander book adaptation in .mobi format but I don't think it's available. Also reading The Reincarnation of Peter Proud.

I would recommend "The True Meaning of Smek Day" by Adam Rex. It's kind of a kids book but I sincerely enjoyed it. Give it a try
    True Meaning of Smekday: Adam Rex: 9781606865255: Amazon.com: Books
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Id recommend "Long Days Journey Into Night" by Eugene O'Neil. You know its an American classic and is a play. I had to read it for my English 151 class for a Literary Analysis Paper.

I was presently surprised by it actually, as it started off boring. But I eventually fell in love with it. Not to mention my copy is loaded with annotations, and comments all over.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Burning Rubber the Extraordinary Story of Formula 1

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    ~Katie~
    DROID DNA by HTC

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Lone survivor and Fearless (Adam Brown)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

I recently finished 'The Count of Monte Cristo' by Alexandre Dumas and would heartily recommend it. A truly excellent read.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Other books I've read in the past few months and would recommend:

The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Blood Song by Anthony Ryan

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4