Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I use Terra music player. Very minimalistic and stock Android like

Sent from the last HTC device with a removable battery on T-Mobile

the-ryanuk86

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all, original post should of said 'Media Player'!

I have tested out Mx Video Player and find it so good, I've upgraded to the pro edition.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
The best media players I think are BSPlayer and MX Player. For music, some good ones are PlayerPRO, and DoubleTwist.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just found the paper which lead me to using Neutron player. It's on a top-ten list from Tom's Hardware sister site "Toms Guide" here's the link for the paper "10 Best Android Music Players". I also saw Neutron on a similar top list at "Higheredtechdecisions". I think anyone shopping for an audio player can benefit from perusing these articles.

I have to admit my choice was heavily influenced both by the eval version's fantastic performance and it's aesthetics. It may seem somewhat shallow, but Aesthetics is why I didn't go for a player supporting both video and audio. and chose Neutron, even though it's strictly audio. (I'm sticking to VLC for video, mostly because I play very little video using my phone)..

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I just found the paper which lead me to using Neutron player. It's on a top-ten list from Tom's Hardware sister site "Toms Guide" here's the link for the paper "10 Best Android Music Players". I also saw Neutron on a similar top list at "Higheredtechdecisions". I think anyone shopping for an audio player can benefit from perusing these articles.

I have to admit my choice was heavily influenced both by the eval version's fantastic performance and it's aesthetics. It may seem somewhat shallow, but Aesthetics is why I didn't go for a player supporting both video and audio. and chose Neutron, even though it's strictly audio. (I'm sticking to VLC for video, mostly because I play very little video using my phone)..

I like VLC on my phone, but MX Player is better.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Poweramp & MX player. But I just started listening to Pandora two nights ago and I like whatever they are doing, it sounds like radio if you know what I mean, louder/punchier and better sound.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Poweramp & MX player. But I just started listening to Pandora two nights ago and I like whatever they are doing, it sounds like radio if you know what I mean, louder/punchier and better sound.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

I use PlayerPRO for my music and MX Player for video.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
For me right now on a Tab 3 7.0 LTE as portable video screen, I use MX Player (HW Mode), hoping HW+ will be more stable soon since the SoC is same as Mega and S4 Mini. XBMC and VLC look like they will be good soon, for now I would not call either good enough to use exclusively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol