1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for a replacement for WinAmp

It's sad to see Winamp closing, as it used to be one of the best players (for the PC imo; the android version just doesn't seem to have the same quality). My version has pretty much bitten the dust, and I've found it doesn't really have the flexibility and useability that either the PC version or the inbuilt Galaxy media player has. I'm looking for a new player that will allow me to create or change playlists on a PC as I find manually creating playlists by moving songs around with my fingers to be fiddly and annoying. I used to be able to do this on my iPhone (boo, hiss!) but find it an impossibility on the Galaxy. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4s running Jellybean 4.2.2. I create playlists based on what gym work I'm doing, so change them fairly frequently. I have playlists on my phone but can't edit them manually.

All answers appreciated.

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Looking for a replacement for WinAmp

might work well for you. It has a desktop player and a mobile player to sync with.
    Live long and prosper.

Can anyone recommend an app for my Nexus 4 that will play audio stored on my phone and also stream FREE internet radio stations like Winamp does with Shoutcast?

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by dbandroid View Post
    Can anyone recommend an app for my Nexus 4 that will play audio stored on my phone and also stream FREE internet radio stations like Winamp does with Shoutcast?
    Doubletwist will work for you.

“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dbandroid View Post
    Look into Soundcloud... I'm not sure it plays your onboard library but it does more than stream I think.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2