Using voice commands to control Google Music Player on ICS in vehicles

Richard Powell2

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have an HTC Vivid that is rooted and is stock ICS.

Is there any way to play music with voice commands on Google Music Player so that I can play the music while in a vehicle? If there is, I'd like to also send the music to my headunit in the car.

I know they killed Google Now for ICS. So is there voice command apps that can "hot key" actions to Google Music Player?

My music from my library streams great over 4glte so I would really like to have all the music ported into my car. Either by bluetooth connected to a headunit or directly plugged in.

Any projects have been done like that?

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I dont know
I do know svoice and the stock samsung player will do this.
I do not know if that is compatible with ics or non samsung devices

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Richard Powell2

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for reply. Thats interesting that Svoice works. But perhaps thst opens music that is deirectly on the phone, not the agoogle Music Player ( my library) from the cloud. That is a seperate app. My goal is to be able to play my music from the cloud using only voice commands. So I guess I need an app that will script the Ggogle Music Player to open and search.

Last edited:

Richard Powell2

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Another question that would be, is there another in dash app that is truly voice activated? (Vlingo is capable of "waking up" from just a voice command instead of having to touch the screen first)

What is the second best dash app that is perhaps as good as the Vlingo dash option?

Richard Powell2

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Update. For anyone else who can't get Vlingo on ICS or Vivid. I was finally able to by looking for the actual apk file and then putting it into dropbox and installing it from there on the phone.

I don't know if my 3.6 version is the latest but it works great so far. I also don't know if I would be able to play music from google music player but Vlingo is as good as it gets without google now.