So, what do you think of Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Just finished watching the first episode of the new Doctor Who with Peter Capaldi.
So far, I'm on the fence.
How about you?

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Capaldi's first episode was broadcast nationally on ABC free-to-air television in Australia last night. I thought Capaldi was excellent.

At the start he was a bit shaky but I think more to do with the regeneration and the way it was written in the episode. Certainly a step up from Smith who I thought was awful as the Doctor. I saw a similar edge to the way Patrick Troughton played it oh so many years ago, but without the aggro that Eccleston brought to the role. The confrontation towards the end was well played.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess you're right in some way, is just that I still see him as the guy from the episode "Fires of Pompey".

My first Doctor was the 9th, Christopher Eccleston.
I think he was great as the Doctor.
But then David Tennant came into the TARDIS and he was brilliant!
I liked Matt Smith but wasn't my favorite.

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
From news.com.au:

THE arrival of the new Doctor Who, coinciding with the launch of the new season of the sci-fi series, teleported the long-running UK program into the top 10.
THE launch episode of the eighth season of Dr Who and the first for the 12th doctor, Peter Capaldi, was screened twice on ABC TV with a combined audience of more than 850,000.
The repeat episode at 7.40pm on Sunday attracted 710,000 viewers to be ninth overall on OzTAM's overnight ratings.
And the initial screening at 4.50am, simultaneously screened with the BBC launch in the UK, drew amazing numbers considering the timeslot, as 148,000 people tuned in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21