Lived long and we Prospered. Thanks, Spock.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It is very sad....tonite...a glass raised to a good actor, while watching Star Trek 2.

From an AOSP M8

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
"We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted, in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human."
-Captain James T. Kirk

:(

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
"Your suggestion that I do not care about dying is incorrect. A sentient being's optimal chance at maximizing their utility is a long and prosperous life. You misunderstand. It is true I chose not to feel anything upon realizing my own life was ending. As Admiral Pike was dying, I joined with his consciousness and experienced what he felt at the moment of his passing. Anger. Confusion. Loneliness. Fear. I had experiences those feelings before, multiplied exponentially on the day my planet was destroyed. Such a feeling is something I choose never to experience again. Nyota, you mistake my choice not to feel as a reflection of my not caring. Well, I assure you, the truth is precisely the opposite." - Commander Spock, Ambassador at Large and Dark Lord of the Sith.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Brilliant writing also, which could be overlooked if it was not delivered so well.

I am obviously not as big a fan as some.

Time to buy the early movies -The Motion Picture, Wrath of Khan, The Search for Spock and The Voyage Home - and listen again.

Nominated for four Emmy's, it could be rumoured his right eyebrow was also nominated for three, and his left for one.

I have never used my Twitter account, and for the first time, reading quotes online, I feel I am missing out - so thanks for this.
--------------

Wherever you have gone - LLAP.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
"Your suggestion that I do not care about dying is incorrect. A sentient being's optimal chance at maximizing their utility is a long and prosperous life. You misunderstand. It is true I chose not to feel anything upon realizing my own life was ending. As Admiral Pike was dying, I joined with his consciousness and experienced what he felt at the moment of his passing. Anger. Confusion. Loneliness. Fear. I had experiences those feelings before, multiplied exponentially on the day my planet was destroyed. Such a feeling is something I choose never to experience again. Nyota, you mistake my choice not to feel as a reflection of my not caring. Well, I assure you, the truth is precisely the opposite." - Commander Spock, Ambassador at Large and Dark Lord of the Sith.

Very nice new avatar.
Much better. Well chosen.
Good tribute.