Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Someone contacted the the maker of the gamegripper and he said that the gamegripper for the Epic 4G is being tested.

Not the best news, but at least we know it exists and will definitely be available for purchase sometime in the future.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    SyndicateROM

i choose black/chrome...would match nicely with the phone theme

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by HAAS599 View Post
    Someone contacted the the maker of the gamegripper and he said that the gamegripper for the Epic 4G is being tested.

Not the best news, but at least we know it exists and will definitely be available for purchase sometime in the future.
    It will be the next phone developed, should be this month according to them.

Edit, added portion of website that shows this.

Edit #2 A/C can't get their forums fixed to fully work, so added image from website.

Last edited by Andrew Ruffolo; 11-13-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    Thanked by:

November what?

how will this work with a body glove case? will it work? any idea if others out there for droid with a case or not

Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    how will this work with a body glove case? will it work? any idea if others out there for droid with a case or not
    i dont think they work with any cases.
    Once i get the ball you're at my mercy
    -Michael Jordan-

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    SyndicateROM

it's here...

Game Gripper Epic

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

anyone gotten one? with the missed key presses issue i'm wondering how well this works

Quote Originally Posted by murso74 View Post
    anyone gotten one? with the missed key presses issue i'm wondering how well this works
    never heard of said issue...any more info on this?

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

never heard of said issue...any more info on this?
    many people have reported missing key presses with the keyboard. i know both the units i've had have had the problem

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Put my order in yesterday... XBOX colors FTW!!! Can't wait for this to arrive I'm eager to try it out...
    "Its only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

personally, since i started using a case, i kinda changed my mind on getting one of these.

So i'm gonna wait for this to come out. It's a bluetooth controller designed specifically for iphones and android phones. It's supposed to come out in January or so.

Unless the gamegripper works well (missing key press things mentioned earlier) and can fit on a phone with a case (which their site says it won't), can anyone comment in this regard?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by eerongal View Post
    personally, since i started using a case, i kinda changed my mind on getting one of these.

So i'm gonna wait for this to come out. It's a bluetooth controller designed specifically for iphones and android phones. It's supposed to come out in January or so.

Unless the gamegripper works well (missing key press things mentioned earlier) and can fit on a phone with a case (which their site says it won't), can anyone comment in this regard?
    thats dope. the only thing i dont like about it is that unlike the game gripper that wont fit into my pocket. but itll work with a case which i have held off getting so i could use the gripper. so now i have some thinking to do lol

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

thats dope. the only thing i dont like about it is that unlike the game gripper that wont fit into my pocket. but itll work with a case which i have held off getting so i could use the gripper. so now i have some thinking to do lol
    yeah, unfortunately it's pretty big, and not quite as convenient as the game gripper. However, it should work with all android phones, i would assume, and not be useless when you upgrade in the future :P

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Got my game-gripper today in the mail. Playing with it now... Games are soooo much easier now. Getting my Double Dare on as I type this

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Got my game-gripper today in the mail. Playing with it now... Games are soooo much easier now. Getting my Double Dare on as I type this
    make sure you leave more details in the next few days

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

make sure you leave more details in the next few days
    Will do. I have a non-stop flight to LA (from Florida). Will have plenty of time to wear out the buttons then
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Won't get mine until Christmas morning. Looking forward to the Andrew review of this. Most I've read and seen on youtube have been good.
    Last edited by HAAS599; 12-07-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Got mine in the mail yesterday... it is AWESOME!!! I had to change the mapping of the buttons a little bit to match with the Game Gripper layout, but once I did that I was good to go. Super Mario Kart was my first ROM that I downloaded, and it was so much easier with the Game Gripper... I will definitely co-sign on its advantages vs. just using the normal keyboard... more ROMs, here I come!
    "Its only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

The D pad does not have the same travel as the other buttons but it has not been problem. Gameplay has been amazing. For any gaming enthusiast its a $15 well spent. Also I ordered a set of blue buttons and the "xbox" set and the blue ones have a much better feel.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

I just received my Game Gripper today, the fit isn't perfect but works well enough. I noticed that the top directional button does not align properly and do not feel the click like on the other ones. It seems like stretching it left a bit does the trick but just moves back after a bit.

The pad rocks for RPGs for sure but tried Space Megaforce (SHMUP)and worked pretty good with just a few minor response issues (not sure if it is due to the keypad or the Gripper, it will not ever beat a dedicated pad but works fine). Over all for the price it is pretty good, just needs to be tweaked or modified for a better fit.

It has a hole for the USB plug but I may just cut it and have it fit over the cable instead of it going through since it does not line up well. As mentioned on other sites/reviews, you cannot use it with a hard shell case as it is made to fit flush with the device without one. I am sure it could be modified to fit with some of the hard shells though.

Anyway, for the money it is pretty sweet and turns your Epic into a classic gaming machine! Hopefully it will fit with my Yoobao extended battery I ordered for lengthy gaming sessions.

Did the Game Gripper work with your Yoobao battery?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

There has been a new Dpad released for the Epic GameGripper. It costs $4 if you already bought the first version. The new Dpad is supposed to have a better rocking motion and be more like a SNES controller.

EDIT: I purchased the upgraded Dpad and it is much better.
    Last edited by HAAS599; 04-08-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

I ordered mine today. Since it's listed on the site as V2 I assume I'm getting the newer one with the better Dpad. I ordered the "SNES" version, not because I like the SNES, but more because I just wanted colors so buttons were easy to see / map.

I'll update here after I get it and get to try it out.
    Ham!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast