Invisible Shields for Epic 4G

cary328is

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

duallydave

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an invisible shield type cover for my Pre that covers both front and back, I'm looking for something like that for the Epic. That material is very rugged, I have the same stuff on the front of my car now (3m Clear Mask)

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I have never put one of these on myself. Always had a bb do it. There is not one near me though and I won't be near one any time soon. Is it easy?

anon(47596)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I would think the screen is easier to cover on the Epic because it is flat. I did a cover for my Palm Pre and it was hard because of all of the curves.

The Phantom Skinz screen only cover is $9.95 and free shipping. If it's like other Phantom Skinz there are actually 2 covers in the package in case you bork or need to replace the first.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I wish Griffin would make one but they are in bed with Apple. ;) I put one of their screen protectors on my daughters iPod yesterday and it was by far the easiest install I've even done.

I put a Zagg on my wifes Intercept last week and I just felt like I was fighting it the entire time. Though the final product did turn out nicely.

gotthelife4u

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have used Invisible Shields on almost every phone I have had in the last 5 years. I really like their product but installation can be a pain sometimes. I will most likely get one for the epic but I am interested in the competition as well.

Good_Apollo

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Phantom Skinz FTW! lol, I ordered mine today, $10 for 2 screens. I had one on my pre and it started peeling off around the curved edges, shouldn't be a problem with the Epic.

munsterrr

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I will tell you that i was the happiest person with my Zagg on my evo until sunday when i spent all day in the hot son at a concert(rock the bells) and i look down to find my screen protector peeling off the phone.

I had been out side for hours but still.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok it is my civic duty to warn you guys not to buy the Zagg. I purchased one this morning from Best Buy and it covers the bottom row with the menu, home, back and search key. It makes the phone totally or barely unresponsive. I took my phone back to RadioShack to have it swapped once I thought I knew what the issue was. I then headed back to Best Buy to have another installed and the damn phone was unresponsive yet again. I stopped at a Sprint and store and had a rep look at my phone and come to find out the thickness or lack there depending on who you ask hinders the phone from responding. Check my post in the main forum for the Epic 4G and it explains it all.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok it is my civic duty to warn you guys not to buy the Zagg. I purchased one this morning from Best Buy and it covers the bottom row with the menu, home, back and search key. It makes the phone totally or barely unresponsive. I took my phone back to RadioShack to have it swapped once I thought I knew what the issue was. I then headed back to Best Buy to have another installed and the damn phone was unresponsive yet again. I stopped at a Sprint and store and had a rep look at my phone and come to find out the thickness or lack there depending on who you ask hinders the phone from responding. Check my post in the main forum for the Epic 4G and it explains it all.

My invisishield works fine the capacitive buttons work fine for me with hte shiedl covering them.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Realook from Amazon. They look great, BUT you must adhere to the application instructions it comes with, i.e. dust free room, use the included alcohol pad (don't use computer screen cleaning wipes, etc), have the included or your own scotch tape handy for removing improperly placed film or removing any dust motes on the sticky side. I steam up a bathroom with the shower to settle the dust...then clean the screen with the wipe. Next wipe any residue or remaining marks with the micro fiber cloth. Remove the front backing then the actual backing. When applying the film, if a bubble appears, it can be squeezed out using the plastic card. If a bubble is caused by a little white dust mote (which you can remove by lifting the film with a piece of tape (included) and sticking the other piece of tape (included) to the dust. Dust-free(ness) and alignment on the phone is the hardest two things to get right, but once on, you can't really tell there's a protector on it. $10 gets you 2 protectors.

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
i hate how sticky and uresponsive the zagg shield makes the screen, the only thing i admire about zagg is the ability to get a new one when ever you want just pay for shipping