Epic Headphones

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a specific question on headphones for the Epic, but I figured I'd make a general thread relating to them...

I want to get some in-ear earbuds like these because this type of earbud sounds great. But I also want an inline mic for answering calls, and maybe a Play/Pause button. For all of this, am I gonna have to go through the micro-usb port, or can this be done through the headphone jack? Anybody have any suggestions? (Edit: oh yeah, these look sick but there's so way in hell I wanna pay more than $20 or $30 for this)

Last edited:

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a specific question on headphones for the Epic, but I figured I'd make a general thread relating to them...

I want to get some in-ear earbuds like these because this type of earbud sounds great. But I also want an inline mic for answering calls, and maybe a Play/Pause button. For all of this, am I gonna have to go through the micro-usb port, or can this be done through the headphone jack? Anybody have any suggestions? (Edit: oh yeah, these look sick but there's so way in hell I wanna pay more than $20 or $30 for this)

You could have asked me about this!! I'm a freaking audiophile!

Let me find a pair for about 30 bucks for you. I'm warning you though, for this price, you'll get crap for audio especially since you want something with an in-line mic.

Ok, first pair JBuds J3M Micro Atomic earphones. According to most reviews, sound is very good for the price range and this one comes with a mic. It's compatible with mobile phones as well (Duh!). However, you're going 10 bucks over your budget at 39.95.

Next pair, we have the Scosche. Comes with both play buttons and mic! Sound quality is incredible according to reviewers (although if I reviewed 'em, you'd have a different story), but build quality questionable. Also, this is an eBay/3rd party seller buy, or it'll be way out of your price range.

elago e5-25 bucks and great overall quality. Comes with mic too.

Finally, Klipsch Image s2m, your best shot. All your controls, 23.95, and what do you know? A review from an Android user! He said it works perfectly with his HTC Incredible.

All found on Amazon. Hope this helped you!

Last edited:

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Great headphones make mp3s sound like crap though... you can actually tell how low def mp3 actually is.

J3Ms look really nice, but no music controls :(
Looked up Scosche's and this one has the music controls and all. Look sweet. Do we know if the music controls are only for iPods or if they work for Android phones, too?

But the Elagos and the Klipschs (try to pronounce that out loud) don't have music controls :( And those Klipschs look ridiculous, too.

Xenx

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The J3Ms have music controls. How well they'll work with the Epic, is up in the air.

From what I've read in regards to the N1:
Single click - pause/play works
Double click - next track works
Triple click - previous track does not work

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Great headphones make mp3s sound like crap though... you can actually tell how low def mp3 actually is.

J3Ms look really nice, but no music controls :(
Looked up Scosche's and this one has the music controls and all. Look sweet. Do we know if the music controls are only for iPods or if they work for Android phones, too?

But the Elagos and the Klipschs (try to pronounce that out loud) don't have music controls :( And those Klipschs look ridiculous, too.

The Klipsch's are guaranteed to work with Android. I haven't seen any Android users try out the Scosche's, but I'd assume they work. I'll take a closer look.

EDIT: Uh-oh, watch the Scosche's, supposedly a Nexus One user said it isn't compatible with the Android OS.

Last edited:

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You sure you want buds and not canalphones? You will pay the price of isolation by getting buds. At least you say that some apps are compatible, although some earphones have universal compatibility.

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: Uh-oh, watch the Scosche's, supposedly a Nexus One user said it isn't compatible with the Android OS.

I can confirm that the Schosche remote does not work with the Epic.

I've used the J3Ms with my old Palm Pre and while I did like the sound and the fit, the build quality wasn't great. Both sides were dead after a little over a month.

selinz

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had a couple of pairs of sennheiser, bose, and others an I highly recommend sticking with the epic phones. I am quite impressed and I consider myself very picky. The do have an inline mic. With the epic, it automatically switches to the built in mic if you plug in "normal" phones. I tried many and ended sticking with the originals. That's a first for pretty much any device I've ever owned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance