What Cases Are You Using?

spear

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Shopping around for one. As someone else mentioned, I'm not crazy about rubber cases because the epic is bulky enough as it is. Looking forward to your comments on the Phantom Skinz CF skin.

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the sprint case that is black. I like the red one but decided to go with the black one. I also fabricated my dock to fit with the case on. Their is really not much to the dock except a small circuit board an led and a usb. All the rest is plastic. Its in its crude stages right now but it works well.

nKoan

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Can you comment if the clips of the case rub/catch on the bottom bezel?

The ring around the screen does rub a little bit along the top edge of the phone (the right side of the keyboard when open). The bottom seems to rub even less than that, if at all.

So far, though, the fit is really good and I'm not noticing any wear markings along the chrome bezel around the keyboard. Granted, its only been 2 days with the case for me.

Personally, I'm not a fan. The fit and finish are fairly good, but in the end the case just adds too much bulk for me.

raulnsocal

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
black textured snap on from sprint

I bought the black textured snap on from sprint along with the spare battery charger combo and I want to use the phone with only the textured cover to make it easier to change the battery .

Could this hurt my phone? The back is still covered but not as closely as before.

Raul
epic is my first android phone

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Snap-on rubberized case from Radio shack for $15. The case looks and feels good but I just noticed that it does not have a hole for notification light. :( The case is made by Milante

Will probably return it once I find an alternative.

I bought the same case and am taking it back today. Too bad - I loved the feel.

Anyway, I ordered the Cheshire Cat Grin skin from Skinit.com: Phone Skins, Laptop Skins, iPod Skins, Gaming Skins: Personalization on Demand and will be looking for a clear case for extra drop protection. Until then, my Epic is naked.

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I bought the case/holster combo from Best Buy. It fits great and actually took the bit of play out of my slider that was there.

cmenglish

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought the black and red case from the Sprint store that's already been mentioned a few times. I wasn't super excited about the red but the other clip on case was the chrome/black one from Body Glove that looked cheap and picked up fingerprints immediately, making it look pretty gross.

Thus far I'm pleased with it, it feels sturdy and the slight rubberized grip makes it easier to hold the phone while taking photos (without the case I always felt like the Epic was going to slip out of my hands when taking photos). All of the buttons are easily accessible and the camera/flash are nicely recessed and protected but not obscured.

I'm hoping that the new Seido cases will be a bit thinner to reduce pocket bulk and maybe even allow use of the home dock without having to take the case off. I'll likely try one of those once they're released.

Toast95135

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the rebranded Seidio from Best Buy and I was like wow, only $29.99 for the one with the holster. I brought it up to the register and it rang up to $38! wtf. I showed the cashier the entire row of the holster cases for $29.99 and she brought me over to customer service. They did a price match and I got reinbursed the extra $5.40 cash :D.

Yes I'm cheap :cool:

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife has been using the leather Galaxy S case, but now wants to return it because it is too tight, making it difficult to remove and even put in the case.

Rtbar1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought the black and red case from the Sprint store that's already been mentioned a few times. I wasn't super excited about the red but the other clip on case was the chrome/black one from Body Glove that looked cheap and picked up fingerprints immediately, making it look pretty gross.

Thus far I'm pleased with it, it feels sturdy and the slight rubberized grip makes it easier to hold the phone while taking photos (without the case I always felt like the Epic was going to slip out of my hands when taking photos). All of the buttons are easily accessible and the camera/flash are nicely recessed and protected but not obscured.

I'm hoping that the new Seido cases will be a bit thinner to reduce pocket bulk and maybe even allow use of the home dock without having to take the case off. I'll likely try one of those once they're released.

what new seido cases? different than the ones out right now?

265ada

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I urge you to get another case

I bought the body glove one from the Sprint store and returned it after about 5 minutes. I wasn't happy on how it fit the bottom portion of the phone. The top fit incredibly well. I exchanged it for the horizontal leather pouch/case. I'll suffer through using this until I get some good reviews from you all on a better alternative.

I have this exact same case and I have dropped it from about 5 feet onto the hardwood floor and it's all good and it didn't come off... also people asking about keyboard sliding this case has a front edge made specifically to not allow the case to conflict with the keyboard. before this case I also had the one from radio shack the milante branded case but it didn't have a notification light cut out also the buttons being separated from the screen real estate, it was just plain ugly too the bodyglove case was 30$ but the look and feel of the phone is worth it.

here is a video review of the case that is on my phone
YouTube - Samsung Epic 4G case review - Body Glove Protective Cover (CZS2541R)

Also the problem with the loose left edge is non existant on my bodyglove case.... and I for one feel he rated this case very poorly! JUST MY TWO CENTS

I urge anyone looking for a hard case to try this case out as I feel Bodyglove did a great job with it!
also watch the video completely so that you can get a good look at the case!

Last edited:

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
This one, in particular, is the one I was thinking about. It's still "under development."

That looks good. Much better than th body glove, though I wonder how much it weighs.

I want a case that actually replaces the samsung back cover completely, that way it is more secure and thinner.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

antmon1

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
i had the body glove and just couldn't get used to all the chrome that was poorly placed all around.... also, the center rear piece was warmed on the three cases i saw in store...

it also made it way too thick...

i opted for this instead which doesn't add to much thickness and makes it nice to hold...

Sprint - All Accessories

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Black/Red Not-grippy-enough-for-me Case

czs5550r_l.gif

Thats the case I got last night....It is going back tonight.

The salesperson assured me that it is grippy and will be ok on my phone, and personally, I do not like it. It is NOT as grippy as it appears, and it makes it harder to slide up. I tried to take it off, and put it back on, and that did not help.

I need a grippy case, what do you guys suggest? I do not like the bar that goes across the screen.

amnchode

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a simple pouch, like the one that came with the Pre, that is big enough to fit? As simplistic as it was, it was great for pocket carry use, IMHO.