Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    H_D

Global Posts
    2,563 Global Posts

Question What Cases Are You Using?

What cases, covers, are you guys using? I opted for the leather horizontal case from Sprint for now.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

I have no idea. I just picked it up at the Sprint store. It feels thick, but nice, sturdy, and grippy as well.

In my opinion, the best protection is some kind of invisible adhesive protector (i.e. Zagg Invisible Shield). I personally like Phantomskinz, as I have used their products before and it was very good.

Honestly, I think any slider phone will be good with a hardcase (or softcase for that matter) because many times it gets in the way of the sliding mechanism. And specifically for the Epic, its just so big to begin with that I wouldnt want to add additional bulk. It's not TOO big, but I fear it might become so if a hardcase is used.

Using a $5 eBay hard-case with an ace of spades card/skull on the back, and patiently waiting for the good aftermarket cases to be released..

The BB in NYC off 5th that I bought mine from (traveling out of town) Had this terrible sliding hard case (aftermarket) The one I saw in VanNuys Best Buy from Pt Platinum Case (Which I understand is Seidio but rebranded) Isn't much better suprisingly.

I actually liked the sprint store cheap hard case (not the bodyglove one) it has a textured back which I thought I'd hate - but kind of like- is very sculpted to protect the lens and flash, and has softtouch all over including the front bezel. Very good fit & finish. A nice shade of flat black to boot. yeah I wish it was thinner (it's about 1/8th " thick) but after dropping my pre- I'll never go naked again. I care less about size and more about weight. this phone does not sag my front button down shirt pocket despite it's size- so it's a winner...till something better comes along.
    Banned

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Using a $5 eBay hard-case with an ace of spades card/skull on the back, and patiently waiting for the good aftermarket cases to be released..
    I had mines on today but A it DOESNT fit in the Galaxy S Pouch nor the Desk Top Dock either so I took it off just going NUDE with mines

I bought the hard black snap on case at Sprint. I had the Zagg on mine and for some reason it hindered the touch sensitive buttons on mine. I have a regular screen protector on mine that doesn't cover up the touch keys at the bottom.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I bought a soft touch plastic hard case that my best buy was selling. it look a lot like the seidio cases. it was a combo case and holster. So far so good. I like it and it was actually cheaper than the combo that seidio sells.

I think the case was a pt platinum or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    I had mines on today but A it DOESNT fit in the Galaxy S Pouch nor the Desk Top Dock either so I took it off just going NUDE with mines
    Same here. I bought the cover not thinking about the case and it is way too tight to use (I have a cheapy leather vertical case off of eBay). I totally spaced on the desktop dock too and was sorely disappointed when I went to plug it in last night. I'm still happy with the dock, the cover, and the case, just not when used in conjunction with one another.

I bought the body glove one from the Sprint store and returned it after about 5 minutes. I wasn't happy on how it fit the bottom portion of the phone. The top fit incredibly well. I exchanged it for the horizontal leather pouch/case. I'll suffer through using this until I get some good reviews from you all on a better alternative.
    Ecstatic Samsung Galaxy S II Owner.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I bought the Snap-on rubberized case from Radio shack for $15. The case looks and feels good but I just noticed that it does not have a hole for notification light. The case is made by Milante

Will probably return it once I find an alternative.

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

I have a jeep holster that Im using.
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Can you guys/gals post pics of the case you got?

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid85 View Post
    Can you guys/gals post pics of the case you got?
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Nice jeep case. have one? I too returned the radio shack case very quickly.

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Thanks! I got it at a small harware store chain in northern new york and southern vermont while on vacation.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Got the platinum case with holster from best buy. Coulda done without the holster, but I like the soft touch black case, and it only comes in the one with the holster.

I wonder if the Seidio Active is similar to this one, given that Platinum is just a rebranded Seidio.
    Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1 | LG Nexus 5

Didn't want a hard case. The Epic is just at the limit of my tolerance for size. Anything that makes it bigger wasn't appealing. So...I just ordered the PhantomSkinz Chromatics (Carbon Fiber). Will let you all know how it goes.

*UPDATE*

Ordered at 2:27 PM EST. Got at shipping confirmation at 2:42 PM EST! Wow! So far impressed by the customer service. Hopefully the product...err, delivers.

Hopefully it looks this good when I put it on. Can't tell if there is any coverage on the sides, but it from the picture it doesn't look like it.

Shopping around for one. As someone else mentioned, I'm not crazy about rubber cases because the epic is bulky enough as it is. Looking forward to your comments on the Phantom Skinz CF skin.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7

Sprint - All Accessories

i just got one of phone cases. the red and black one. i like it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by danny2744 View Post
    Sprint - All Accessories

i just got one of phone cases. the red and black one. i like it so far.
    Can you comment if the clips of the case rub/catch on the bottom bezel?
    Rooted EPIC 4G
    Stock Kernal
    Firmware DI07

I have the sprint case that is black. I like the red one but decided to go with the black one. I also fabricated my dock to fit with the case on. Their is really not much to the dock except a small circuit board an led and a usb. All the rest is plastic. Its in its crude stages right now but it works well.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterr View Post
    Can you comment if the clips of the case rub/catch on the bottom bezel?
    The ring around the screen does rub a little bit along the top edge of the phone (the right side of the keyboard when open). The bottom seems to rub even less than that, if at all.

So far, though, the fit is really good and I'm not noticing any wear markings along the chrome bezel around the keyboard. Granted, its only been 2 days with the case for me.

Personally, I'm not a fan. The fit and finish are fairly good, but in the end the case just adds too much bulk for me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast