how are the included earbuds

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Some of the review have commented on the good quality ear buds included with the Epic. How is it really? I'll be using it with a pair of Grado SR60s but also would like a pair of decent in-ears to replace my broken shures.

How's the audio output from the Epic? Is it loud enough for car radio's aux-in? What I loved about my ipod touch was it's line-out signal which was awesome for aux-in.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
They're not shures. Not even close. But they have an inline mic and they work. Good enough for me. I never planned on using my phone as a hifi rig anyway.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

giventofly462

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I love both the Epic's audio quality from the speaker, the sound reproduction, and the earbuds themselves. They all sound pretty darn good. I had a pair of Zune premium earbuds, some phillips ones, and these are just as good but actually stay in my ear! And yes, it's very loud.

My only beef is I wish they would have included the Samsung music player in by default. That was one of the cool things that drove me to this phone. Anyone know of a way of obtaining that particular program?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Does the Epic support toslink by any chance? Sometimes I feel like running something other than my computer into my headphone amp which drive my Sennheiser HD 800s. My iPhone didn't support it.

Sent from my awesome Epic 4G

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They are actually pretty good. Granted they don't touch my bose ear muffs but for an included accessory they are great! Work well for the gym and such and have a decent inline mic.

lnchbx13

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I havent' tried the headphones yet, but the bluetooth audio sounds better and has more bass that comes through my car stereo than my HD radio stations do here in Houston...that's impressive in my book

EDIT: and that is using xiialive to stream from shoutcast....

Last edited:

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Does the Epic support line-out? Or is the headphone out the best we can expect?

Bluetooth is as close as you can get to line out, unless we get a musb -> HDMI -> toslink -> DAC setup. The jury is still out over whether the gs phones will do hdmi.

danny2744

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
they are okay just mine opinion i think its cause it has the white rubberish earbuds that i never use so maybe thats why i can't give it a fair shot. i'm actually still using the ones that came with my palm pre. surprisingly i like those alot lol.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
they are okay just mine opinion i think its cause it has the white rubberish earbuds that i never use so maybe thats why i can't give it a fair shot. i'm actually still using the ones that came with my palm pre. surprisingly i like those alot lol.

I broke my pre earbuds, but ya, they were te only ones that fit me.

But I was looking at the epic dock, and it does have a line out port. Could be interesting if it is from the usb, but it might just be hooked up to the headphone port.

Monsterr

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
The included earbuds are very nice in my opinion.

Not 40-100 earbuds, but definitely better than the generic apple earbuds or some earbuds around $20 bucks.

The smallest pair of silicone buds fit my ears comfortably and give a good deal of noise reduction. Combined with the 5.1 surround on the media player, movies sound REALLY good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000