Case or screen protector?

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just got my Epic yesterday and i had a question, or really a request for advice. I have used my Hero since October with it bare and in my pocket and i never scratched the screen. It's still flawless.

I was considering going the same route with the Epic, but with it being a bigger phone and a much bigger screen i was wondering if i should invest in a case and/or shield.

Is it worth it?

Just looking for opinions.

Thanks!

tp72

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I have both. I just purchased the Epic yesterday along with a privacy screen protector and a hard rubber case. I always throw my phone in my purse all willy nilly so the screen can easily get scratched. Like the saying goes better safe than sorry.

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
a rubber case will make getting it in and out of a pocket more difficult. I keep mine bare in my pocket too. Two days and no problems ;)

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the screen protector from the sprint store and it pixelated my screen pretty bad. A lot of other people said they had the same problem. I would get a case but stay away from the screen protector. The screen is made with Gorilla Glass which is pretty durable. I guess it just depends, it sounds like you took pretty good care of your hero, you should be fine with the epic.

debello

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I got the screen protector from the sprint store and it pixelated my screen pretty bad. A lot of other people said they had the same problem. I would get a case but stay away from the screen protector. The screen is made with Gorilla Glass which is pretty durable. I guess it just depends, it sounds like you took pretty good care of your hero, you should be fine with the epic.

For me the rubber backed case add just the right amount of weight to the Epic and the screen protector made the beautiful display look like doggy dodo.

antmon1

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
i ord'd a Zagg screen protector....have used them on all my smarphones/pdas... they apply really nice and dont distort the colors.... hopefully it doesn't make the screen look bad...

as for case, i bought the Body Glove from the Sprint store....and after two days i'm ready to return it.... the chrome is just hideous and adds way too much bulk... they had a hard rubber cover back one which i'll prob go for...

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback.

I opted to go without a screen cover because i never had a problem with my hero and have heard mixed things about them on the Epic.

I got a rewards certificate from Best Buy so i bought the Epic case there which is very similar to a Seidio case. I like it because it doesn't add much bulk and the holster is optional.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm rocking out with that black snap on case that Sprint has in store for the Epic. I bought the Zagg but for some reason it hindered the usage of my touch keys at the bottom. I found another screen protector that doesn't cover up the bottom and I am using that with the black rubberized hard snap on. So far so good.