Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    EB13 with Genocide v.2a

Default Bodyguardz Screen Protector (w/pics)

Hey Guys,
    I just installed my Bodyguardz screen protector about 20 minutes ago. I've got one large picture for everyone interested in buying this screen protector.

I'll post more pics after the protector finishes curing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bodyguardz Screen Protector (w/pics)-210.jpg  
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Bodyguardz Screen Protector (w/pics)

Couple of questions:

How does it effect overall screen responsiveness?

How does it effect responsiveness of the touch buttons?

How smoothly does does your finger move for scrolling or swyping motions?

I am pretty trusting of gorilla glass but wouldn't mind a protector just in case. I like how the phone feels right now and don't want it too change too much, that's why I am asking for your input.

Sent by an Epic 4g through the cosmos
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    EB13 with Genocide v.2a

It's a little less smooth, but it is plenty smooth enough for scrollling and swyping. It's possible that if you have really sweaty fingers it might be too sticky for swyping.

I haven't noticed any difference in screen responsiveness, but the touch buttons aren't that responsive. (mine have never been though...)

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I got my screen protectors from eBay. Clarity is great and did not notice any decrease in response. I've always thought the Return or Back button was a tad "unresponsive". But not to the point where it is frustrating, just a minor observation.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Which brand, if any, were the protectors?
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I don't buy into that screen protectors affect the responsiveness to the touch screen. I use an IS no problems on my DINC and think that these are all the same material.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    EB13 with Genocide v.2a

Here are updated pics.

You can see that a little bit of 'orange peel effect' has happened, but not as much as I experienced with the Zagg protector I used on my Palm Pre.

I also only waited 2 hours before turning my phone on instead of 12. I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes, but I just couldn't wait any more! lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bodyguardz Screen Protector (w/pics)-img_0858.jpg   Bodyguardz Screen Protector (w/pics)-img_0856.jpg  

I tried both Invisible Shield and Body Guardz for my Pre, and the Body Guardz just seemed like a cheaper version of the Invisible Shield. The orange peel affect was far too great for me to keep them on. Responsiveness also took a hit IMO, but it looks like people here are having much better luck with them on their Epic 4G. I went with a Phantom Skinz for my Pre and that is what remains on it to this very day. Might even pick up a pair for my Epic.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

I have the Body Guardz, and yes there is a little orange peel effect. Visually, doesn't take much away, but the 'slipperyness' of the gorilla glass is missed.

Considering I use a Seidio belt clip, I wonder if I really need a screen protector as the 'naked' screen feels great.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Does this bodyguardz screen protector cover the black plastic bezel around the glass screen. Does it protect the chrome plastic bezel?

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACS ICS v4

installed the bodyguardz screen protector yesterday and since then have noticed a definate drop in screen responsiveness particularly with the buttons at the bottom. its also noticeable when doing pinch zoom- it seems to not always detect both fingers now. hopefully after another couple days of it drying on there it will get better otherwise im taking it off and looking for another option.

this does not effect the screen responsiveness at all.

wait a week and get back to me dave.

ive had it installed for about a month now and its perfect.

it covers everything but the bezel. but then again how could it if you want to use the keyboard. dont ask stupid wusetions
    EPIC 4G
    ROM: QUANTUM 2.O
    KERNEL: STOCK

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

I've tried a bunch of these including the body guardz. Some had made my capacitive buttons almost useless. The latest developed a distortion.

Simply put, using an Epic 4g with a screen protector, is like having sex with a condom versus not. You take some more risk not having it but the experience is so much better

Seriously, the oleophobic coating and whatever the 'slippery' stuff is (maybe the oleophobic) make handling the screen so much 'slicker' than one of these things on it. The fact that its gorilla glass makes it extremely resistant to scratches. The screen protectors scratch easily, but yes can be replaced.

I'm officially of the line now to use mine naked and take the rare risk of a seriously sharp object scraping my screen. Remember, the protector isn't going to help anything if your drop it etc.

I barely have to touch my capacitive buttons for a quick response now and I waste so much less time cleaning off fingerprints. The other day I ate greasy McDOnalds french fries and used my phone at the same time and virtually no residue was on the screen. Amazing...Wish my Ipod 4g was half this good in the fingerprint department.

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Where did you get the small power bar widget?